Dublin Show Report 5 Nov 11

micko and jack

hi everyone sorry i havent been logged on in a long while but when i cant sleep i do read the threads things have been a bit mad here jack and myself have deside to take the next step into racing young birds next season so converting one loft and built a new stock loft and we are really looking forward to that

were you at the show we were jack and myself headed to Dublin for Irelands largest show we had a great time jack was meeting friends getting money and birds gifted to him fanciers had gathered up their spare rings also but I think he really enjoyed the kisses from the lovely ladies Bernie Cochrane included GO RAIBH MAITH AGAT (Irish) THANK YOU to all those who gave jack rings money and the offer of young birds it was really very kind of you all so onto the show

in the front doors and the show pen were straight in front of us jack straight over to 3 light coloured mealy pigeons he has a liking for those and pied birds and grizzles granda can we buy these ones that was the way my day went granda will you buy this one or that one no granda don't take a photo of that one take this photo the show itself I thought was as big as last year some new stalls that I have never seen before but ill come back to that there were plenty of bargains to be had fanciers were gearing up for breeding season I seen a lot of fanciers buying plastic nest bowls felt drinkers feeders corn you name it and there was plenty of birds on offer Bernie and Herman were there as was the well known father and son racing team from Gilford Jim and Desi Breen both stalls doing a great trade it was also nice to see water cups in the pens not that the 2 above sellers had birds in their pens that long but maybe organisers of these event should think about adding that to the agreement with stall owners selling birds there was some suppliers missing for i think the second year now Petron lofts weren't there personally I like their stall but mostly I liked getting into the loft they would put up maybe its down to internal politics at the show maybe the organisers are trying to promote local suppliers or maybe its down to organisers thinking that other suppliers are giving a better deal to fanciers but in the present economic climate I would think that all suppliers are having to look at their prices that said the Petron loft on show was either raffled or auctioned im not sure but the proceeds went to charity and some lucky fancier got a real bargain of a new loft for buttons walking about there seamed to be a lot of interest in one loft races Seamus from the North Coast Classic (won this year by our own John Hall Mr Harthog) the Emerald Classic was busy also and a man I first meet at the Ballyclare Fayre 2 weeks ago Paul from The Golden Egg One Loft Race stated to be the biggest prize money in the world was telling me that they have made changes to their entry I think it was you bought a stake in a bird but now you can enter your own bird now I'm not 100% on that as I was taking to a lot of people so you should contact them directly form the email on the photos or simply Google it one of the new stalls that caught my eye was a stall selling medicines was the chanelle group stall the couple on it were called Ciaran and Kelly the health of our birds be it racers show tipplers rollers or whatever is very important to us all I'm reading a book at the minute vets and pigeons or something like that so you all me after a few photos I introduced myself and started to ask question as I wanted to know WHAT THESE TWO PEOPLE ACTUALLY KNEW ABOUT RACING PIGEONS HEALTH take it from micko in a few years Ciaran and Kelly will become very well-known to our sport fairplay to both of you well that's a very quick round up of the show as they say a picture says a thousand words I'm attaching a few photos the rest are on our photobucket link please click on it and have a look it was also great to meet old friends and making some ones and hopefully we all learned something and to those who bought new birds best of luck with them

so please click on the photobucket link and check the photos