New Breed Of Fancy Pigeon

Guest Doade

Fanny41,

I never mentioned anything about a show standard,I just stated that the characteristics of a breed is the ability to replicate itself which I doubt these F2 crosses could do with any consistency.There are several breeds that do not have a standard but we all know what they look like!!

You have explained the first two crosses to get to a RADAR POUTER what do you propose these are then paired to,to maintain the working ability.

:egyptian::scotland::egyptian:

I know theres alot of cross breeding goes in the pigeon world , personaly its not my cup of tea , however i guess over the years most fancy breeds we have today are indeed the results of crossing this ,that and the other.

And some have caught on while others havent.

But i do know that some cross breeds have resulted in a pigeon which has poor health ect and cant handle much stress and so forth.

I guess the point being , there are breeds of pigeons that have been around for over 100 years and have stood the test of time , and whom alot of people still keep and breed.

And im sure that a breed is only recognised as a certain breed if the npa or alike makes it to be so.?

The only problem i have with Horseman pouters ...is a % of the people who keep them are nothing more than lowlife theives , it put me off keeping the breed after 8 breakins and countless quality birds stolen time after time , and your always having to look over your shoulder 24/7...thats not pigeon keeping , thats a NIGHTMARE !!

Peter when i was a kid i had about 3 doocots burnt down before my mum let me keep them at the house and then i was broken into about 3 times aswell total scumbags

• 1 month later...

Franny you should get into the racing pigeon game as Scotland has some good flyers, a lot of felles are helping each other out with stock.

The thief pouter game has a major problem as you are opening your loft to stray birds, bio security is nil so thats why birds get sick.

Crossing is an across the whole spectrum game so if you breed one you like the chance of getting the same type of bird even out of the same pair will not work, the band of genetic material is hugly wide as its contains 10,000+ birds in its background, each one comes into the equasion.

Much like crossing strains its wide open on every nest even in nestmates, the only way to narrow that gap is full into in-breeding, yea radar could be a strain if its done with inbreeding.

You are dead right about Horseman pouters being nickable Pete, are they the best well who gives one monkeys fig because flying a cross means it has very little value so it has to be the best.

Marchenero X Racer does it for me, my Indigo Bars & Chqs are a sight worth seeing, thinking of useing a hen as a honeypot for the CKs to come home to. :rolleyes:

If none of you know after 52 years of fancy pigeons I am out for good, only race birds plus 3 pair of Marchie crosses will be in my loft by the end of the breeding season. :egyptian: