Microscope Pictures

frank-123

Guest pigeonguy147

cant see nothing myself dosent look like a worm to me , cant see no segments on it :emoticon-0138-thinking:

i think you may be looking for something thats not there frank they pics are ok

Guest geordiejen

it would be good if someone could put up some kind of picture references to what diseased droppings look like and also what they look like under the microscope.this could help identify diseases and help people who dont know whats what.

Guest Owen

That is not a worm because if your bird had worms you would see the eggs. About the only thing I can see are a couple of cocci cists. If you want us to look at these pictures it would be of help if you could tell us the magnification you have used. Good pictures, quality like that could be very helpful the show others what to look for. Ask you friends to give you some samples or do as I did, use stray pigeons to help you learn. By the way, I stopped strays entering the loft after I saw what nasties they carried with them. It is no wonder that a lot of pigeons can not race. Some owners allow them to carry all sorts of rubbish and the birds have no chance.

Cheers

Owen

That is not a worm because if your bird had worms you would see the eggs. About the only thing I can see are a couple of cocci cists. If you want us to look at these pictures it would be of help if you could tell us the magnification you have used. Good pictures, quality like that could be very helpful the show others what to look for. Ask you friends to give you some samples or do as I did, use stray pigeons to help you learn. By the way, I stopped strays entering the loft after I saw what nasties they carried with them. It is no wonder that a lot of pigeons can not race. Some owners allow them to carry all sorts of rubbish and the birds have no chance.

Cheers

Owen

owen empty ya message box i cant semd u messages

just wondering if anyone could see something i cant it looks clear to me

maybe a question mark over one i thought might be a worm

click to enlarge

any help would be appreciated

Hi frank.

As owen said theres not much to see there other than food waste.

I have included some pics below from my up and coming pigeon health dvd on microscope use, these should show you some of the things you may find.

The first is hair worm eggs:

The second is round worm eggs, hair worm eggs and cocci in one image:

The third is Showing what are called bypolar caps on an hairworm egg, you can clearly see the difference between hairworm and roundworm eggs.

This one also has round worm eggs and hairworm eggs in the same pic:

Again roundworm and hairworm eggs in the same pic:

And finally you can just see a worm to the bottom left of the image.

Hope this helps.

Will keep you all updated on when the dvd will be available. it will cover lots of aspects of pigeon health plus how to but and use a microscope.

Jas.

Edited by holmsidelofts

Cheers

Owen

Hi Owen,

i used a dem 35 usb 0.3 pixels cmos chip with the smallest size lense on my microscope not sure of the size

http://www.brunelmicroscopes.co.uk/coccidiosis.html

Thanks Frank

Hi Owen,

i used a dem 35 usb 0.3 pixels cmos chip with the smallest size lense on my microscope not sure of the size

http://www.brunelmicroscopes.co.uk/coccidiosis.html

Thanks Frank

Your magnification is the eyepiece and lens multiplied. Mine have the magnification marked on them, my eyepieces are 10X and 16X, and my lenses are 4X, 10X, 40X and 100X. My smallest 2 (10 x 4 multiplied) gives 40X magnification, and largest 2 (16 X 100 multiplied) gives 1600X magnification.

My den is a right coup, so haven't been able to use my microscope in anger. :)

wow this is very interesting thread,can anyone reccomend a cheap but cheerful microscope,i wanna learn how to test my birds dropping too,

Lidl do a basic microscope for around £50, in their special promotional deals. They have been recommended by members on here (on the main microscope thread).

• 9 months later...