Where It All Started

yeboah

Just in from finishing a wee job for my cousin the blacksmith and sat down to have a cuppa and read today's RP and BHW got the shock of my life when i reached the back two pages of the RP headlined history corner pages 62 & 63,Ben & Jean Scott of Brydekirk nr Annan.This was the original racing loft of ben who is my cousin and his father my Uncle Donald .My mother was donalds sister they being two of a family of eleven all born in the small village of brydekirk,We as a family used to travel down from the village of Wamphray each sunday to visit my aunt and uncles house and this is where as a young lad i caught the pigeon bug truly great memories ,once i had a loft of my own in the early 70's i had no problem acquiring the best from the Brydekirk loft when my uncle passed away i would eagerly stand with ben on a rennes night watching the pigeons return and in the years that followed was fortunate enough to clock many a good pigeon on the night from 500 mls the pictures bring back so many memories of the narrow white washed loft containing so many champions ,sadly all but one of my aunts and uncles have passed on including my parents and bens dear wife jean but i still see ben and his brother william who both still stay in the village to this day although ben has not had pigeons for many years now ,he still calls to see me now and again and only last season picked out at an early age what was my best yb cock some things you never loose it seems I will contact ben tomorrow and am sure he will be ever so pleased on hearing of the re publication of those o so wonderful pigeons .

Just in from finishing a wee job for my cousin the blacksmith and sat down to have a cuppa and read today's RP and BHW got the shock of my life when i reached the back two pages of the RP headlined history corner pages 62 & 63,Ben & Jean Scott of Brydekirk nr Annan.This was the original racing loft of ben who is my cousin and his father my Uncle Donald .My mother was donalds sister they being two of a family of eleven all born in the small village of brydekirk,We as a family used to travel down from the village of Wamphray each sunday to visit my aunt and uncles house and this is where as a young lad i caught the pigeon bug truly great memories ,once i had a loft of my own in the early 70's i had no problem acquiring the best from the Brydekirk loft when my uncle passed away i would eagerly stand with ben on a rennes night watching the pigeons return and in the years that followed was fortunate enough to clock many a good pigeon on the night from 500 mls the pictures bring back so many memories of the narrow white washed loft containing so many champions ,sadly all but one of my aunts and uncles have passed on including my parents and bens dear wife jean but i still see ben and his brother william who both still stay in the village to this day although ben has not had pigeons for many years now ,he still calls to see me now and again and only last season picked out at an early age what was my best yb cock some things you never loose it seems I will contact ben tomorrow and am sure he will be ever so pleased on hearing of the re publication of those o so wonderful pigeons .

remember reading this smashing article in the gazette early 80s mick,great flyers and great memories. :) :) :) :) :)

remember reading this smashing article in the gazette early 80s mick,great flyers and great memories. :) :) :) :) :)

Got a pick of a latebred in 77 and chose a wf cheq hen ,in the gold cup race of 79 when only 32 birds were recorded on the night out of a convoy of 7500, I clocked 2 and ben clocked three my first one being the wf hen taking second section 11th open just behind the great double gold cup winner jack wylie ben took 3rd section ,i also clocked the first one the next morning just wonderful wonderful pigeons .By the way eddie newcombe won the race that night with a wonderful pigeon .