Why Do Fanciers Do It

billy_g

i had a pigeon reported by a fancier in colraine just over a week ago,i lost this bird on the 07/06/08 newbury inland national when i asked how long the bird had been at his loft guess what 2 1/2 years, and the only reason he was reporting it was he had a fife doo in his loft belonging to ian gilmour [leven club],i asked the fancier if i could not get bird home would he like to keep it,no was the answer so why keep both birds all this time,if i had refused to get my bird back i would have been suspended by the shu, how can you win,ian gets his bird back this week as it got brought back with mine,has this ever happened to any fancier as its new to me.

thanks to benji for helping me get the bird out of ireland

billy i never heard of him but i will make a few phone calls to see what sort of a man he is if it had of come here i would have been on the phone within a minute

I know who it is , it would take him aboot 2 year to notice it and 6 months to do sommit aboot it :emoticon-0138-thinking:

I think we all know that there are some real idiots in this sport. In this case I would argue that hanging on to someone elses' property like that is very close to stealing. In that case the clown concerned should be banned from the sport for a couple of years at least. The problem as I see it is the fact that we have rules to cover most things but we just do not bother to use them. The whole subject of strays is a mine-field. These days there are a lot of people who refuse point blank to send for their strays and they seem to get away with it. The farce is that, legislation is there for all to see, but is just ignored. Why?

happened to me had a cock lost him at Eastbourne flew ok up to then took a few cards in the club

found in a loft in northern ireland the old guy died and his son was checking over the birds and the old boy had a good few strays in his loft any how sent for mine

same bird last year 106th open snfc reims 570 miles also flew bovingdon but outside race time

when i timed him he was burst open