Feeding Measured Amounts

johnny11

Hi All

recently I have been reading a lot of articles and can somebody clear something up. When people use a spoon to feed and they say a tablespoon. Do they actually mean a desert spoon or tablespoon. To me a tablespoon is the very large spoon mainly used when cooking and a desert spoon is what you eat your soup with. One article said evening feed 2 tablespoons. that seems a lot to me Am I Missing Something Here?

John

Hi All

recently I have been reading a lot of articles and can somebody clear something up. When people use a spoon to feed and they say a tablespoon. Do they actually mean a desert spoon or tablespoon. To me a tablespoon is the very large spoon mainly used when cooking and a desert spoon is what you eat your soup with. One article said evening feed 2 tablespoons. that seems a lot to me Am I Missing Something Here?

John

John,I use a spoon when feeding, a 15ml measuring spoon as used in cooking it is the same as a 1tbs which is a slightly rounded dessert

spoon.I know the very large spoon you refer to, this holds alot more than 15ml(approx 1/2 oz) hope this helps.

John,I use a spoon when feeding, a 15ml measuring spoon as used in cooking it is the same as a 1tbs which is a slightly rounded dessert

spoon.I know the very large spoon you refer to, this holds alot more than 15ml(approx 1/2 oz) hope this helps.

Thanks Alex.

that large spoon to me has always been known as a table spoon and the others a desert spoon but the 15mls make more sense to me. Do you give one moring and rwo at night

John

I think a lot of it is down to 'lost in translation' :)

I notice fanciers on the continent use the term 'soup spoon' but around here at least, at home, folks use the same type of spoon whether they are eating soup or dessert. It is called a tablespoon, and depending on the grain you are measuring out with it, it holds between 8 & 10 grams.

I think a lot of it is down to 'lost in translation' :)

I notice fanciers on the continent use the term 'soup spoon' but around here at least, at home, folks use the same type of spoon whether they are eating soup or dessert. It is called a tablespoon, and depending on the grain you are measuring out with it, it holds between 8 & 10 grams.

Do fanciers who fly races of 300-400 miles still measure the corn out??

John

Do fanciers who fly races of 300-400 miles still measure the corn out??

John

From what I've read on the forum over the years, the corn ration is always measured in some way - whether it be 'handfuls' , 'cupfuls' or even the 'hopper / feeder - ful' if you have food in front of them all the time.

Thanks Alex.

that large spoon to me has always been known as a table spoon and the others a desert spoon but the 15mls make more sense to me. Do you give one moring and rwo at night

John

John as I only race up to 200mls,I give one am. one pm. till tues pm. then I will give two.