Damp In Loft

BOND111

Now that the damp weather is with us.Has anyone got any tips on keeping the floor dry.I put a layer of easie bed down once a week.Then clean all the compartments at the end of the week,replacing with fresh litter.But by the fourth day the floor is starting to get damp.the loft is open fronted with an averie roof across.Any ideas ?

cat litter looks like wooden stuff big bag from pets at home put this down on floor and then have wooden grills lifted off floor best floor dressing ive tryed and will staying to it use to like easy bedding but since ive tried this stuff wont use nowt else now

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/lightweight-non-clumping-wood-pellet-cat-litter-by-pets-at-home-25893

all best.

cat litter looks like wooden stuff big bag from pets at home put this down on floor and then have wooden grills lifted off floor best floor dressing ive tryed and will staying to it use to like easy bedding but since ive tried this stuff wont use nowt else now

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/lightweight-non-clumping-wood-pellet-cat-litter-by-pets-at-home-25893

all best.

im goingto try that quite cheap aswell

im goingto try that quite cheap aswell

ive had it down now for a while and as its not like most cat litter it not dusty like most due to it wooden like pellets also makes loft floor look neat and tidy as well as does what it says any moisture say water spill from drinker is absorbed in seconds and dont get clumpy and stick to feet like most cat litter does so not spreading it in corridor or out side in garden.

all the best

Unless i am missing something then i would suggest that you look at the reasons for the loft being damp and seek a remedy for this.

Not sue just changing the deep litter used is enough as its merely trying to put a plaster over an issue.

Going through similar issues myself in that my loft is not working effectively as i would like although the deep litter has been down 12 months now and is in pretty good shape.

all mylofts are insulated and damp free i use the wooden cat litter pellets as floor dressing not because my loft is holding damp if my loft was holding damp i would see to it asap my loft floors and so on as always been bown dry just use litter as floor dressing underneath grills

all best.

all mylofts are insulated and damp free i use the wooden cat litter pellets as floor dressing not because my loft is holding damp if my loft was holding damp i would see to it asap my loft floors and so on as always been bown dry just use litter as floor dressing underneath grills

all best.

same

Was not suggesting you had Bakes :lol:

Just think Bond should look for a preventive rather than cure much as i am doing at minute.

I have a half mesh front.with a 2.4 roof covering a full length averie.I have 4 2.4 compartments with a mesh door at either end off the shed,with a solid door in front of each.Which is left open when it is not raining.I think the damp is mainly caused by the droppings,as I had one compartment empty last winter which stayed dry while there was no birds in it.But I have no vents along the back of the loft.Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for the reply's so far. Gary.

I have a half mesh front.with a 2.4 roof covering a full length averie.I have 4 2.4 compartments with a mesh door at either end off the shed,with a solid door in front of each.Which is left open when it is not raining.I think the damp is mainly caused by the droppings,as I had one compartment empty last winter which stayed dry while there was no birds in it.But I have no vents along the back of the loft.Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for the reply's so far. Gary.

As long as the rain from the front of the aviary cannot reach the floor 50mm polystyrene

slab can be laid over existing floor with new ply sitting on top ,great stuff use it at tea break

on building site for seat think your ar-- is on fire .

As long as the rain from the front of the aviary cannot reach the floor 50mm polystyrene

slab can be laid over existing floor with new ply sitting on top ,great stuff use it at tea break

on building site for seat think your ar-- is on fire .Great reply.I will give it a try.

I think it may be poor air flow at floor level. I've put the mockers on mine by putting up 1 foot boards to stop cocks & hens parading at each other through mesh dividing walls. The droppings don't dry out now. Looks like I'll need to fork out £20 for contratex to replace those boards. That will restore air flow, but still hide birds from each other.

all best.

got any picture of it ;)