Yellow / Chocolate Racing Pigeons

Guest grizzle-world

Guest grizzle-world

Hello can any one tell me ? were i can get some yellow or chocolate racing pigeons from ?

and whos the best breeder to buy some from ?

Im new to the sport so trying to spend my money as wise as i can

thank you foryour HELP EVERYONE

Guest grizzle-world

hi im from essex dartford tunnel area ( lakeside )

the reason im after the colour pigeons ? yellow & chocolate is because i want to try and prove that the other colours are just as good as blues cheqs reds etc .

i know its silly but it nust be worth a try , i mean what have i got to lose ??????

many thanks for all your replys and thanks for welcoming me to this site ,

not sure if you all get to read this as im not sure how to reply to you all LOL

any way a bjg thank you one and all

Guest grizzle-world

grizzle world welcome to the site. But out of interest, if your spending your money wisely, why are you looking for either chocolates and yellows, as winners in these colours are very rare?

Hi i just want to try ad prove to mysef that then colour pigeons can win races ? i know its rare but it got to be worth a try just to say i did it

Guest grizzle-world

Welcome to Pigeon Basics :) i have a few yellows and one chocolate , im sure others have as well :) some of my birds on link below :)

I just looked at all your pictures there great i want them all LOL there lovely oldyellow i bet your well proud of them all . ( very nice birds )

• 3 weeks later...

hi Grizzleworld,no colour in racing pigeons can make them fly faster,,bred better or any other tosh you may read, just because minority colours do not get in results often quite simply `s because there are a lot less %wise.Over the years there have been some outstanding lofts which had "rare" colours families,only problem you find now,because many fanciers like these pretty types,studs and the like churn out big numbers of rubbish to make money,possibly many generations of untried stock,whereas people like yourself useing the basket as you pedigree will soon sort them out if you listen to what the basket tells you,

So good luck in your quest

• 2 weeks later...

How do they do when racing m8?

I found with mine there werent many that made the grade , however the Yellow Amber lines seemed to be the best bred me my Oldyellow cock 1st Bourge 512 miles as a 2 year old only bird on day , as a yearling he was 2nd Bourge 512 miles ( not on the day ) 4 x Clermonts 358 miles 6th clubs 2 x Jouey Le Chatel 414 miles 6th clubs and a 4th wanstead flats :) i retired him after been 2 year old :)

well i sent one to the rpra one loft race 2009, as i was fed up of people saying that they just looked pretty and couldnt race, so sent it so that every one could see how it went. She did all her training, hot spot races and was timed in, in the big final race.

I do race them and they seem to race better the further they are sent and seem to have trouble on sprint races, but other people have done well with them.

They are kirkpatricks and kirkpatricks with a dash of Jan Aarden