Some Advice Please

Guest lvlasked

Guest lvlasked

right i get no sunlight in my garden at all reali due to a tree that reali tall and hangs over the garden so what i woul dlike to no is will my birds still perform well with no sunlight coming into the loft ? ofcourse when i got my loft set up and got some birds just im worryed with them gettin no sunlight in the loft they might not be that happy lol

You will probably find your birds will be a bit slower coming in to form if the loft is not getting any sun on it to warm it up, so if you are interested in the early short races it may be worth thinking of using some form of heating in the loft

i dont have sunlight light in my loft, what i do is use daylight bulbs on a timer. They came into form ok scoring from first race to last.

were do you get daylight bulbs from i might try that

with the tree hammer twenty or so 6 inch rusty nails in it and the tree will die in time for racing next year then the council have to cut it down

Hi i had a big tree in my garden for the first two years of racing it was always getting in the way especialy for the birds trying to land. and the lack of sunlite was not doing them any favours. what i did was cut the tree down completely and when i had my loft buitl i put clear perspex in the roof so that they got some natural lite most of the day all be it not direct sunlite but they seem to have thrived on it this year. If I was you i would approach th council and ask to have the tree removed as it a danger to your property ( or there property especialy with the wild winds we have in this country) best of luck. THE TREE NEEDS TO BE LOWERED OR FELLED.

were do you get daylight bulbs from i might try that

with the tree hammer twenty or so 6 inch rusty nails in it and the tree will die in time for racing next year then the council have to cut it down

better still hammer some tubes into the ground round the roots

and feed the tree some creosote it works. ;) ;) ;)

Guest lvlasked

lol problem is i just dont actly get any sunlight in the garden just a sh** garden tbh but i might put a clear roof on it for some light to get inside the loft