A Rare Breed

hi has anyone heard of a strain of pigeons called gitts.a charateristic of this strain is featherleggs.is this true of the strain and does anyone know where i can get some.i have one pair of gitts but i only have the fanciers word that they are gitts.i would like to brred a family of them but need another pair to avoid interbreeding.

were quite a few Gits and Hanseens in Wales both feather legged breeds , others include Jan Arden and Gurnay and Tournier , i have a Gurnay cross still in loft with feathered legs :) im sure someone on site bought some hanseens x gits on this site from bloke in wales who packed up end of last season i think :) theres a few feathered legged birds on my photobucket below :)

hi iam trying to breed feathered legged racers as well, i got a hen last year with outstanding feathered legs i bred 6 from her lost one to the hawk and have 5 left ,there feather legged as well but none as good as there mum.i was thinking of breeding one of the young cocks back to her ,but everyone advises only to inbreed to cocks so i dont no, but all the best with your breeding mate lc