Just In Wont Be Reporting Any More Birds After This Bumf

Guest james.malcolm.shaw

Guest stb-

how do u manage it stb with the wing stamps :unsure:

WELL DEPPENDS ON WHAT NATIONAL RACE I SEND EM TO , JUST GOT TO TRY AND OBLITERATE IT IF UNDER SHU RULES , THEN STAMP ANOTHER ONE FOR NEXT RACE :(:(:(:(

SHU race rule 24. Individual organisations will decide whether members may be allowed to race young birds which are wearing removable address rings or which have been wing stamped with name address or telephone number.

race rule 26. Members of all SHU clubs should wing stamp all their young birds with either A)a personal tel no or address B)their club address or name. That any member not complying should not be allowd to race their y/bs

Guest stb-

SHU race rule 24. Individual organisations will decide whether members may be allowed to race young birds which are wearing removable address rings or which have been wing stamped with name address or telephone number.

race rule 26. Members of all SHU clubs should wing stamp all their young birds with either A)a personal tel no or address B)their club address or name. That any member not complying should not be allowd to race their y/bs

THEN WHY ARE WE BEING TOLD YOU CANT PUT THEM IN RACE WITH PERSONNAL DETAILS ON , ONLY FED WING STAMP :huh::huh: :huh:SNFC RULE 21

BIRDS STAMPED WITH OWNERS NAME AND ADDRESS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO COMPETE.

SUCH BIRDS WILL BE BASKETED WITHOUT BEING RACE MARKED AND ENTRY MONIES FOREFEITED :(:(

Guest lenwadebob

no bob they should not have name rings with fon numbers on them either only allowed a wing stamp with fedaeration on it for y b.s

to help identify at stray centre .

no personal details allowed on birds :(

WHY has such a ridiculous rule been put in place, what are the reasons behind it. If everyone was to personal stamp or put personal identification rings on then there would be a lot of empty transporters with the rule as it stands, and there would have to be a rethink by the union.

Guest stb-

the reason behind it is Bob on a national race etc , a bird may make it up to north england scottish borders at say 10 pm, and drop down , if someone fons the number on the stamp or leg ring , its not hard for the owner to jump in his car drive down with his clock get the bird

and have it timed in his clock for just after 11pm,, all other birds who were forced down would not make home untill say 7 am next morning

Personnaly i think its a good rule and saves any cheating :)

Guest lenwadebob

the reason behind it is Bob on a national race etc , a bird may make it up to north england scottish borders at say 10 pm, and drop down , if someone fons the number on the stamp or leg ring , its not hard for the owner to jump in his car drive down with his clock get the bird

and have it timed in his clock for just after 11pm,, all other birds who were forced down would not make home untill say 7 am next morning

Personnaly i think its a good rule and saves any cheating :)

Fair comment, I never thought of that, but then I am to honest to even dream of doing it. But I would just like to say that anyone who would stoop that low, has no right to be in the Hobby/Sport JMHO

Guest stb-

Fair comment, I never thought of that, but then I am to honest to even dream of doing it. But I would just like to say that anyone who would stoop that low, has no right to be in the Hobby/Sport JMHO

I WOULD RECKON SOMTHING HAS HAPPEND ON THESE LINES BOB FOR A RULE LIKE THAT TO BE IMPLEMENTED ,

AT THE END OF THE DAY , THE BIRD IS REPORTED BY THE FON NUMBER

AND THE FANCIER WENT TO PICK IT UP B)B)B)

AND TIMED IT ,

WE ALL COMPLAIN ABOUT THE LENGTH OF TIME FOLK TAKE TO COLLECT STRAYS ,, BET IT WOULD NOT TAKE LONG TO COLECT IT IN THESE CIRCUMSTANCES :blink::angry:

Guest lenwadebob

I WOULD RECKON SOMTHING HAS HAPPEND ON THESE LINES BOB FOR A RULE LIKE THAT TO BE IMPLEMENTED ,

AT THE END OF THE DAY , THE BIRD IS REPORTED BY THE FON NUMBER

AND THE FANCIER WENT TO PICK IT UP B)B)B)

AND TIMED IT ,

WE ALL COMPLAIN ABOUT THE LENGTH OF TIME FOLK TAKE TO COLLECT STRAYS ,, BET IT WOULD NOT TAKE LONG TO COLECT IT IN THESE CIRCUMSTANCES :blink::angry:

Yep I agree

cheatin' bar stewards

THEN WHY ARE WE BEING TOLD YOU CANT PUT THEM IN RACE WITH PERSONNAL DETAILS ON , ONLY FED WING STAMP :huh::huh: :huh:SNFC RULE 21

SUCH BIRDS WILL BE BASKETED WITHOUT BEING RACE MARKED AND ENTRY MONIES FOREFEITED :(:(

i wing my young birds every year with my phone number, so looks like i

won't have any at the young bird nat,u cant stamp for fed racing then take

it of when it comes to the nationals,so there has to be a compremise? <_<:unsure:

wullie g

Guest pigeonguy147

i wing my young birds every year with my phone number, so looks like i

won't have any at the young bird nat,u cant stamp for fed racing then take

it of when it comes to the nationals,so there has to be a compremise? <_<:unsure:

wullie g

wullie if you wing stamp your y/bs for fed racing you can obliterate the stamp simply by going over it again making it unreadable and that lets you race in the nats

How confusing is that B)

Guest krpa

I myself have reported 3 strays in the last 2 weeks 1 man was over the moon as it was a stock bird that his son had put in the basket by mistake the other man asked if i was going to get it sent up to him he was also arguing with me that the dark chequer cock was a red hen i will now keep his bird and if i ever meet him i will ring his neck.no more strays will be getting reported.

Agree it is confusing, and as far as I know SNFC is the only organisation which doesn't allow wing stamped birds in its YB race, all others require it as per SHU rule. The SNFC's reason has already been given, but its marking stations do make provision on the premises for obliterating wing stamps prior to marking, so there should be no refusal of birds. Last year at my marking station I made use of the felt-tip pen provided to obliterate the details on the wing stamp. I'd forgotten to do it before leaving home.

Guest james.malcolm.shaw

I started this post to highlight the problems I was having reporting a stray (on this site) not the SHU.or the RPRA. It seems to have grown arms and legs and a few other things as well.I will still be reporting strays but through the proper chanels.The problem i had,was i could not get loged on so i tryed to report the bird as a guest.I had to type in my name and one of those unreadable coads,then the message.I then prest the post buton and the post disapeared.I then had to repeat the prosess three times before the post went up.

All strays should be reported to there official union, this is just a forum that a few members visit on occasion and you are unlikely to find the owner.

Don't forget to check for wing stamps or name and address rings first as that will speed up contact with the owner.

Guest james.malcolm.shaw

it may have been you didnt have the cursor on the post part and clicked the other box by mistake :)

As you are a mod. do you think you could tie these two post together as the second one was suposed to be a reply to the first one.dont know how it came up as a new post. Would be much obliged.

i am new to the sport this is my first year racing and have lost 3 birds 1 of which is a stock bird i would do anything to get back as it was the first bird i ever got. i have reported 3 strays and got them home to their owners myself and hope their arent to many flyers out there like the guy who started this post it doesnt take a long time to report a bird and you could be doing someone a great turn and you never know you could make a friend in the pigeon world that you may never have met i will carry on reporting birds and just hope that if any of my birds was to land at a flyers loft that it is one of the decent men out their that would be as happy as i am to see a pigeon make its way back to their owner

Guest pigeon82

krpa as you said in your first post you reported 3 strays the first bloke was overwelmed to get his bird i wud luv to get a bird reported i have had 1 bird reported in the last year and a half and i have lost near 20 or 30 birds i just dont understand why people dont report them we are not all arogant but sum are as you know i had an ihu pigeon come in reported it and took 5 days for owner to get back to me he said do what you want but i have been chucking it out and it keeps coming back so if its there when i start training it with fed birds i will get it transfered the bloke said i can keep it if i want but i do not keep prisoners in my loft so been chucking it out but guarentee its always bloody back i will not kill a doo for anyone only reason being really sick or that badly injured i wud do that but im sure sum people wud thank you i know i wud if you had one of mine