Please Help

Can anyone out there help me, i am franticly searcing for facts on racing pigeons how fast they fly when coming into land, when they are exercising etc. i need written proff. i also need to know if there is a law about pigeons flying to low onto someone else property. i really need to know this today and anything anyone knows i really need evidence.(for a court case, cant disclose anymore) please help me out just for today if everyone has a search and emails me over what they can find on the above i would be very gratefull. geraint.parry@btconnect.com only send this information to this email as it is my works one. thanks everyone in advance.

cheers, this bloke is saying they have been invading his airspace, and someone said that they thought that if they flew below say 6ft they could be classed as invaiding thier space as they are obstructing someone. a joke i know!!

Guest slugmonkey

The A.U. has dealt with some of this so maybe you could contact them as far as velocity it depends on the day I had a bird that was a couple of Y.P.M. off a national speed record he made 2300 yards a minute and some change which is almost 85 M.P.H or 170 K.P.H. ( I hope my metric conversions are right ) the A.U. has a legal department that might also be able to answer your lawyers questions ???

While exercising I'd expect them to d something like 40mph, training around 60mph depending on wind.

When their coming into land I'd also say that it depends on the wind; I've seen my bird zoom through the door, and also when the wind is in other directions struggle to land at all. A bird to land needs to idealy be flying into the wind.

would an e mail from the union help, i appreciate you cant say much, but as far as your birds landing on other peoples property, can these people proove that, as there are lots of feral birds about/? as far as air space, this has to be mentioned as well, do they have proof that its your pigeons/?really wish i could help you ,but some good points in posts above, especialy a free consultation with a lawyer

cheers jimmy its not my case im a witness in this case there are other aspects, all made up liew just we could do with a bit of proof about pigeons flying low. this is the main point he is claiming saying they have scared his horse and wife., when they clearly have not. its crazy thanks for your help.

i cannot understand that pigeons would frighten the neighbours horse, as we have many liberations from racecourses on a sat am, when the racehorses, have arrived, these race horses are highly strung, but seem to suffer no ill effect, we also have many liberations at various important functions, throughout the world where horses are on parade , again with no ill effects to the horse ,i,e some rememberance day functions etc etc we also have pigeon releases at the olympic games, where there are many police on horsback, again with no ill effect, so rather than determine the height of the pigeon which has to come down to the loft, would it be possible, to determine that the pigeons would not frighten the horse, and as far as the wife is concerned, shed be better seeing a doctor on her phobia on birds

Think you may have been frightened out of your wits, Gez., and who could blame you? Stop and think a mo. This neighbour has a horse. Not exactly your normal cat or dog pet, is it? Reasonable enjoyment of property and reasonable control of animals applies both ways.

Canadian website, but describes a legal search covering UK Property Laws too and the ownership of the space above it - the space above what the neighbour could reasonably be said to require for his needs is public domain AND you cannot reasonably be expected to control the height and speed at which your birds fly, although a 8 foot fence or hedge around your property boundary would ensure that they would be at least 8' above the ground when coming in to land.

http://www.propertyshop.ca/news.cfm?action=show&articleid=191

How does the neighbour control other bird and insect 'intruders' into his airspace and do these not frighten his wife and horse too? I'll do some more digging, but I'm sure this may be enough to start with...common law and sense.  :)

Gez

I had a similar problem in england and so had one of my club mates.  My neighbour complaied that me birds crapped on her roof and my friends neighbour complained that she didn't want his birds flying over her kid when he was in the yard asleep in his pram.

In both cases the complainants wrote to the enviromental health dept of our local Council and in both instances the Council politely told them they were talking rubbish and actually stated in their response that Racing Pigeons were some of the most well cared for of all domesticated animals.

Maybe your friend should also contact the enviromental health.

As for the woman being frightened, send the stupid female a bottle of Prozac cause it seems to me that she has some mental health problem.

Guest slugmonkey

Yeah I agree with Hy but in this day and age we have to veiw EVERY complaint no matter how ill concived or Ignorant it may be, all it takes is one liberal misinformed judge and we would ALL be on the defensive. Right now there is a movment afoot in the U.S. to have all A.U. lofts registered with the F.D.A. I am very fearful of this as then goverment inspectors would be allowed on my property at will

Yes Slug

I was fully in favour of registering our loft under the Voluntry program with the AU, but now it could be over my dear body, once the loft is registered the details could become a matter of public record and lay us wide open to anyone and everything with an axe to grind.

Guest slugmonkey

we have a city liscense that we are supposed to have to my knowledge we only have one member that is registered and he did it long ago he still is having problems with city mostly over fees though