Basketing Day

Tony C

I keep mine in to conserve their energy for the race, if they aint fit by friday morning then thier not going to be, and I think they can get mentally prepared when as they know something is different.

let w.hood cocks out 6 am ,bath if poss, found they rested better all day, tried it both ways with camera in loft and moniter in house , the birds that flew and bathed layed down in their boxes all day,,, the others were unsettled and tended to get restless,, i found that the first lot did better, only my findings :)

let w.hood cocks out 6 am ,bath if poss, found they rested better all day, tried it both ways with camera in loft and moniter in house , the birds that flew and bathed layed down in their boxes all day,,, the others were unsettled and tended to get restless,, i found that the first lot did better, only my findings :)

i have noticed that after a bath aswell jimmy

after resting all day.i then turned the bowls over and put the hens in, i then basketed the cocks, let them settle with a dark curtain over the basket, then took them about 4 miles, singled them up, at first they flew round, but with a bit of practise, i could let one off, made a bee line home , as soon as i saw its tail ,i let another off, i could let 18 birds off in a matter of minutes, each one seeing the one in front, [im sure they were trying to catch up with one in front]after getting home, i let the cocks back in with hens for about 10 mins, till they were sitting on top of each other in he pans, i then basketed them ,put the dark cover on again till they settled, then up to the club, i only did this in the short races, i know a lot of fanciers will disagree on this, but it paid off for me