FANCIER'S

DRIES

DO FANCIER DO ENOUGH TO ENCOURAGE AND HELP NEW FANCIER'S, WHAT I'VE SEEN OF THIS FORUM , THERE'S SOME HELPFUL AND GENEROUS FANCIERS ON HERE. BUT I FEEL AT CLUB LEVEL IT A DIFFERENT STORY, THE WORST THING THAT CAN HAPPEN IS WHEN PEOPLE CLOCK IN SAY 6 BIRDS , TAKE 1ST 6 IN CLUB , AND THE NOVICE MIGHT END UP SAY 20TH OR 30TH CLUB,  THIS CAN'T BE GOOD, I'VE BEEN IN CLUBS WERE PEOPLE DON'T EVEN TALK TO NOVICES. BECAUSE THEY THINK THEY ARE SUPERSTARS AND THE NOVICE IS SOMETHING ON THE BOTTOM OF THEIR SHOE, WHAT DO YOU THINK

I thought this to dries

until someone said to me it will tell you your true position just try and get better

last year i went to the club and entered one bird the other club members gave some strange looks they were sending 30,40,50, even one top flyer sent 89

next morning

one bird takes first prize  :D

its hard flying against fanciers with big birdage  but i keep trying to get better learning from my mistakes iam sure you will too good luck

i think at club level,[ hard as it may sound] if the novice is going to make a good flier hell say , that man who takes the first 6 all the time....im going to beat him one day and i wont give up till i do, im going to listen .learn, and read, and if he thinks like that,,,he will beat him,in time.

with you there jimmy,a novce must work harder,but,the reward of coming first with your one pigeon against a mob flyer is so much more exhilerating and worth it,when you see there faces,,,,,,,gave me my best laugh when i won against several mob flyers,then they all wanted to know my secret,THATS ANOTHER STORY HAHAHA!!!!  TED

I fly against some Ace flyers in my club who are proffessional flyers. Quite honestly I cannot put as much into my birds as these fanciers do and at the moment I am happy to be tugging on thier shirt tails.

I have had several wins against them on the right day with the right pigeon with one or two exceptional performances.

I have been flying for eight years and still consider myself a novice up against these fanciers.

You have to be realistic, you are an amateur in a world of proffessionals. Enjoy your pigeons first and foremost, learn the trade. Dont slate these guys because they are beating you week in week out. It is after all the reward for the effort, time and money they put into their hobby that allows them to do that.

( I do agree, however, that putting six in the clock is OTT especially at club level)

I dont agree with bird limits, as its down to the fancier to get their birds right and if he takes the first six then good on him/her. I want to beat the best and if I was in a club with mediocre fanciers I would move to another club. I am only a novice and have limited time and space, so If I can beat the best a few time per year, then Im happy, and any young novice should be to. In our club we also have a 3 bird system going, where you pick 3 pigeons each week and the first back gets the money, so its not just the winning pigeons claiming all the prize money.

Guest jason
DO FANCIER DO ENOUGH TO ENCOURAGE AND HELP NEW FANCIER'S, WHAT I'VE SEEN OF THIS FORUM , THERE'S SOME HELPFUL AND GENEROUS FANCIERS ON HERE. BUT I FEEL AT CLUB LEVEL IT A DIFFERENT STORY, THE WORST THING THAT CAN HAPPEN IS WHEN PEOPLE CLOCK IN SAY 6 BIRDS , TAKE 1ST 6 IN CLUB , AND THE NOVICE MIGHT END UP SAY 20TH OR 30TH CLUB,  THIS CAN'T BE GOOD, I'VE BEEN IN CLUBS WERE PEOPLE DON'T EVEN TALK TO NOVICES. BECAUSE THEY THINK THEY ARE SUPERSTARS AND THE NOVICE IS SOMETHING ON THE BOTTOM OF THEIR SHOE, WHAT DO YOU THINK

Dries, have you been to my club?lol

you've described my club to a tee, when I joined 5 years ago a member said to me, if you don't ask you don't get as nobody will offer a novice anything!

Two/three bird limits are fine and shows that a club is both progressive and forward thinking.

But where is the accolade in taking a card for 5th/6th knowing that there are possibly 12 other birds that have beaten you?

If there are kids in the club then I think that exceptions should be made but nine times out of ten these kids will be flying from grandads loft with some of grandads finest.

I think some sort of handicap system would be more productive.

Just my thoughts