what to put in drinker

bren23

i know there are a million products to put in the drinker. i've been told to use electrolytes on a saturday , tea on sunday, garlic mon and tues multivits on wed and thurs clear water fri , and treat for canker every 4th sunday. is this a good system. or is just plain water better,

I'd stay away from most of it too, just the electrolytes on Saturday, but if it's been a hard race we substitute eyectrolytes with Honey

Guest TAMMY_1

USE AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE IN THE WATER, ON A SATURDAY I USE A MIXTURE OF GLUCOSE AND HONEY NO MATTER WHAT THE RACE HAS BEEN LIKE

Think it important that irrespective of whatever you decide to put in the water that it doesn't affect the birds desire to drink.

There's nothing worse than seeing the birds drinking absolutely everywhere EXCEPT from the drinker.

I guess bottled mineral water is better that tap water with all the additives they put in it thesedays.

We're lucky we have crystal clear well water.

I'm not sure that you will achieve anything doing 'spot' treatments with antibiotics other than perhaps damage the bird's immune system and create antibiotic-resistant bugs.

Using different ones 'week-about' may not be the answer either. Many different brand names may be based on the same chemical substance.

wouldnt use antibiotics, i would anticipate future trouble with that.

i used to use electolytes[reheydration salts]when the bird come back from race,, but have used honey, milk, glucose ect, [not alltogether off course  ;D   ;D],but found with electrlytes , their droppings return back to normal quicker