pigeon-lung research

THE FIFER

For all the folk who are going to blackpool you can get checked for pigeon lung at the show . i get checked every year nothing to it so if you have any worries get checked.

mav you will not get pl cos you smoke,thats what the doctor told me ten years ago when i was in hospital for to weeks with a bad case of pl

Guest TAMMY_1

YES THEY TAKE A BLOOD SAMPLE AND THIS CAN TELL THE LEVEL OF PIGEON LUNG THERE IS A CHART ON THEIR WEBSITE THAT TELLS YOU THE COUNT AND WHAT TO DO AT THE LEVEL THEY SHOW , AND SOME FOLK SAY IF YOU SMOKE THERE IS LESS RISK BUT THERE IS NO MEDICAL PROOF OF THIS, AND IF YOU HAVE A BAD ATTACK THE SYMPTOMS ARE LIKE A SEVERE CASE OF FLU BUT ONLY WORSE, BUT IT IS NOT A CONSTANT THING , IT IS HARD TO GET CURED OF PL ONCE YOU HAVE IT, I HAVE HAD IT FOR SOME YEARS NOW AND ONLY GET SEVERE ATTACKS WHEN I HAVE BEEN STUPID ENOUGH TO GO NEAR BIRDS WITHOUT PROTECTIVE CLOTHING, IE MASK , HAT, COAT, BUT I AM ALWAYS A BIT BREATHLESS NOW AS A RESULT OF THIS

Guest TAMMY_1
well it was not dr tammy :P  take the white coat off ;D ;D ;D

AND YOU STOP TALKING sh** OR YOU WILL  HAVE FOLK BELIEVING YOU THAT IT'S BETTER SMOKING FAGS AND GET CANCER, BUT THEN AGAIN WHO BELIEVES YOU  :P

;D ;D :) :) ;D ;D

Guest WINGS 04

I WAS TOLD THAT IF YOU WHERE A SMOKER YOU WOULD NOT GET PL AS WELL AND THAT IS WHY OLDER MEMBERS DID NOT GET IT AS MOST WORKED WITH OUT MASK IN THERE JOBSIN THE PITS  AND STEELWORKS THAT WAS FROM A DOCTOR

Guest TAMMY_1
I WAS TOLD THAT IF YOU WHERE A SMOKER YOU WOULD NOT GET PL AS WELL AND THAT IS WHY OLDER MEMBERS DID NOT GET IT AS MOST WORKED WITH OUT MASK IN THERE JOBSIN THE PITS  AND STEELWORKS THAT WAS FROM A DOCTOR

WELL I WORKED IN A STEELWORKS/FOUNDRY  FOR 30 YEARS AND I STILL GOT IT AND LIKE I SAID IT WAS THE CONSULTANT AT THE HOSPITAL THAT SAID IT WAS NONSENSE ABOUT SMOKING

WELL I WORKED IN A STEELWORKS/FOUNDRY  FOR 30 YEARS AND I STILL GOT IT AND LIKE I SAID IT WAS THE CONSULTANT AT THE HOSPITAL THAT SAID IT WAS NONSENSE ABOUT SMOKING

well it was a consultant that told me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest TAMMY_1

WELL I HAVE JUST SPOKEN TO DR KENNETH BOYD WHO IS HEAD OF RESEARCH AND HE TOLD ME IF YOU SMOKE YOU CAN STILL CATCH PIGEON LUNG BUT MAYBE TO A SLIGHTLY LESSER EXTENT BUT YOU CAN STILL CATCH IT

WELL I HAVE JUST SPOKEN TO DR KENNETH BOYD WHO IS HEAD OF RESEARCH AND HE TOLD ME IF YOU SMOKE YOU CAN STILL CATCH PIGEON LUNG BUT MAYBE TO A SLIGHTLY LESSER EXTENT BUT YOU CAN STILL CATCH IT

anyone got a light :)

Honestly think you are taking away the importance of both health issues when you infer OK to smoke , as less likely to catch pigeon lung.

and contract cancer?  

Also suspect PL is more to do with today´s closed-up lofts than  yesterdays industrial diseases.

Honestly think you are taking away the importance of both health issues when you infer OK to smoke , as less likely to catch pigeon lung.

and contract cancer?  

Also suspect PL is more to do with today´s closed-up lofts than  yesterdays industrial diseases.

oh please dont think i am endorsing  smoking as i am not it nearly killed me on many occasion , it should be  banned in all areas , i am jus stating a fact thats all