PLZ  JUST TAKE 5 MINS TOO READ THIS

maddy706

I am looking for help too raise money to send a 2yr old little girl Rachel

and her family too Disney-Land Paris.

I am hopin too have a pigeon sale and  lookin too see if anyone would have any birds too donate.

Please try and help.

I will tell u a bit about Rachel , her family her illness and why i want too help.

Rachel is 2 yr old she has a twin brother and also an older brother.

She has beautiful red wavy hair and the most beautiful eyes, she is like a little angel.

Rachel suffers from an illness called " Metachromatic Leukodystrophy " MLD for short.

MLD is a recessive genetic defect that sadly there is no cure for.

It is so rare that only 1in 40,000 are effected by it.

Rachel being the first case in Scotland for about 30-40 years. There r 3 types of MLD

Late Infanltile    

Juvenile Onset

Adult Onset

Rachel has Late Infantile: normal development the first 6-18 months then followed by a progressive nervous system involvment:  

Loses previously gained abilities

Loss of mental ability

Blindness

Impaired swallowing usually requiring a G-Tube directly into the digestive system

Paralysis

Dementia

Convulsions

Blindness

Rigidity  uncontrolled muscle tightness painful cramp

loss of all meanin contact with all around about

Rachel has already lost the ability too walk

She also suffers bad muscle cramps and rigidity

Also as u can c in her picture she has a feeing tube inserted in her nose,she goes into hospital in October to get the G-Tube inserted directly into her digestive system

This beautiful little red head with her big eyes and beautiful smile has been through so much pain already  in her short life. And still has more too face. Of an illness that Doctors don't know enough about because it is so rare.

And which will ineveitably end in the death of Rachel.

Can you help raise money too send Rachel, Owen , Dean and her Mummy & Daddy too Disneyland Paris

I am hopin too hold a pigeon sale also sellin on here as webmaster suggested. I can't do it alone so please help.

If anyone would like too donate just post it on here and we will get something sorted.

Thankyou everyone who has taken the time too read this  

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

firstly i would like too say a big thankyou too mealybar, who took the time too put my pics of Rachel on here for me., as i didn't have a clue how too do it.

I would also like too thank everyone who have so far answered and offered there help.

Whether it be birds or something too raffle it is very much appreciated.

Will keep u updated with Rachels progress:

Rachel has Doctor out today her breathin is bad and a terrible smell comin from her throat. She has an infection in her lungs. Fingers crossed she'll pick back up

Once again thankyou  Maddy

• 2 weeks later...

maddy706  is trying to do a wonder full job  please keep this to the fore, just look at the photo of rachel     im quite sure with the help of the forum members,  we could, get her to disney land    i am hoping to speak to maddy shortly to see what can be arranged, as she is not getting the help she needs, only from the forum members