Limits

Guest Pigeon_Man87

In one of my clubs there is a 16 bird club limit, this has been in for years and keeps everyone happy, you can send as many birds as you like but the first 16 on the sheet are the only ones who can compete for club honours.so you can top the fed but not win the club,not very often this happens as you can usually pick 16.

a little strange but like i said it keeps everyone happy :)

we got a limit on how many count on the result.

basicly it a 2 bird club, so say if u sent 10 or how ever many birds and u put 10 on the clock and u take the first ten in the club only the first 2 positions count.

which i think its cr4p, i wouldnt want to win any prize that i havent won. if some 1 has beat u, they beat u thats life u have to work harder the week after.

we got a limit on how many count on the result.

basicly it a 2 bird club, so say if u sent 10 or how ever many birds and u put 10 on the clock and u take the first ten in the club only the first 2 positions count.

which i think its cr4p, i wouldnt want to win any prize that i havent won. if some 1 has beat u, they beat u thats life u have to work harder the week after.

Our concourse has no limits.  I agree that only letting the top two count is total bull.  Under your scenerio all position after first and second are false positions, I would refuse such a prize.  Ed

Hi, after 4 reasonably good years (TOP WINNER)in the local club that I have figured in since childhood, I reluctanly left last year, because of the birdage being lowered. What was a 20 bird  ob limit became a 15 bird limit. with "extra" birds being charged excessive birdage cost way above that of the racers. But unfortunately, success breeds contempt. There are clubs within the amal with no limits, and cheaper birdage, so isn't there something wrong somewhere?  as there always  will be in this game of ours.      

in my fed one of the clubs started a limit,now cause of this another club has started and now flys with another fed and now i think it has become one of the best clubs in the area,they wanted to fly with the fed but got rejected,and now they are complaining cause it takes birds away from the fed,in my mind you dont need limits if your birds are good enough they will win the more they have the more competition you have. and the big team boys help the fed s with the birdage.you can only win a national/section with one pigeon

Our concourse has no limits.  I agree that only letting the top two count is total bull.  Under your scenerio all position after first and second are false positions, I would refuse such a prize.  Ed

i agree 100% who want a position nowing it has been beaten by other birds, i like my true place not given places.

if your birds are good they will beat the big boys,no matter how many they send,i still disagree though that some will send 50 oldbirds just to win a race then openly brag about it and then 2nd place goes to a fancier who sends 10-15 birds.Let the big boys put the money in and let the small lofts take it out. ;D ;D :P

Well said, Les.  :)

whats the point in limiting birdage...the bigboys still have 50 widow cocks to chose from each week and the five they chose to put in still anialate us . they might as well be allowed to put em all in and make it cheaper racing for the rest of us....they only send them as trainers anyway they still come home with the race birds.

You are racing against thousands of pigeons what does it matter if a guy in your club sends 100 of them only one bird can win.

It is a lot easier to look after 12 cocks and get them in top form than it is to try it with 100 birds. Numbers do not win races speed wins races. What is the difference between one man sending 100 birds and 5 men sending 20 each you still have to beat 100 birds so why does it matter who sent them?

Guest speckled

;D no limet in are club either. like thay say  :-/ we all have the winner in the clock, :P no matter  how many we send. :-/ As we all noe there is only "ONE" winner.lol at the top of the sheet.Speck :o

My club / Fed (OERF) had a limit of 30 birds (old and young) for several years, but for the 2007 season, starting June 2007, there will be a 20 bird limit in the Open Series and 20 bird limit in the young bird series.  If you want to fly more, you have to register an extra team and have to pay.  I think it is fair for everyone especially the beginners, because those fanciers with 300 pigeons (there is a member in my club with 300+ racers) it will difficult to pick 20 pigeons out of 300.  I only breed 30 young birds each year, and kept 15 from the previous year.  It is easier for me and my birds go to races week after week.  No additional road work is given because they go in a race week after week.  

manchester united have many many players in their squad to choose from but they can only field 11 players in a match   the same as everyone else

to stop breakaway clubs you need to keep it as fair as possible

ive said it before and i will say it again if the big boys are so good with good birds why do they need to send so many

yesif they are in several clubs [nationals etc] they need extra birds but at ordinary club level they could send as many as they want for fed cards but limit them to a near as possible level playing field

surely if they had a 20 bird limit they could sort their best 20 for competition inthe club race  or is it because they work on the theory of the more you send the more chance they have of winning and the advert will look better

just an example of how our club works is

we have a 20 bird limit

before the start of the season each member nominates how many race birds he wants to nominate to compete for club racing at £1 per bird some nominate 20 some 15 and so on depending how many birds they have

this is a one off payment  all the money is put together and split between the races for prize money so your prize money is guarenteed before the start of the season

we only pay the fed birdage charge because no money needs to be added to make the prize money as its already done at the start of the season

thats roughly how our club works

we also run a 100 club and also we have a sponser sec  and each member if possible gets a sponser to sponser each race [ these are normally local business people]in return for their support we give them publicity in our weekly write ups in our local paper

hi , the big boys dont need to send 50 cocks...they only need to send 4 or 5 and this they do and still anialate us....they do have the advantage of having a big squad to choose from..bit like manchester united fielding 5 players while poor old grimsby town field 11 and still get * beaten *...quality in quantityto choose from but not big team flyers....the little boys still get a hammering which ever way

its the Laws of average,the more you send the more chences of winning,But i agree also that a small team loft with good birds and good managment will win races,But theres plenty of people in a club that do try there best with there birds and carnt win a prize no matter how hard they try because you get 2 or 3 lofts sending hell of a lot of birds and especially in young bird races will always have the edge on smaller lofts.