skaily skin

madmaxlofts

garlic is a very good product it purifies the blood, but as to your scaley question iv used verious products to keep it clean and and scaley free, but none of them help garlic does help but wont keep it real clean, at the moment my birds havent got that much of a scaley breast i would like it so i can see a shine to it but cant get it like that.

my personnel advise would be dont realy worry about it iv had pigeon win with scaley breast.

yes , i would agree with that max, but off course i wouldnt expect them to be perfectly fit at this time of the year , i have often noticed that pigeons really on top form ,show pink skin on the breast and looks a bit like glossy thin  cling film, unlike the unfit bird showing a flaky blueish colour, i personally would recomend the old garlic , even chopping a bit the size of a maple pea, and popping down their throat,, i have found that this has enhanced the fall of down feathers,, garlic is cheap and has some great qualities to it :)

yes , i would agree with that max, but off course i wouldnt expect them to be perfectly fit at this time of the year , i have often noticed that pigeons really on top form ,show pink skin on the breast and looks a bit like glossy thin  cling film, unlike the unfit bird showing a flaky blueish colour, i personally would recomend the old garlic , even chopping a bit the size of a maple pea, and popping down their throat,, i have found that this has enhanced the fall of down feathers,, garlic is cheap and has some great qualities to it :)

if your popping it down there throats what day would you do this during racing

i would only do this if really neccessary b4 racing started,, but would put garlic in the water 4,,,5,, times a week sometimes :) :)quite regularly,,,,only my opinion,, its good for so many things ,,,good for the blood ,good for the respiratory system, its the allicin in it that has the goodness [even antibiotic qualities], but if this is boiled it will take away the goodness,, i used to make it up in a glass lemonade bottle add hot  water ,not boiling [otherwise break the bottle ;D ;D ;D]   but to me ,, would say fantastic stuff ,, and being a tight scotsman ,,,its cheap ;D ;D ;D

one year all my birds had scaly skin  so i tried sanategin  half a tablet each every other day for one week then once a week after that normally Thursdays well within a few days it was much cleaner And within two weeks they had that shiny skin the birds look better

just try it it dose work

yours in sport BOB

maybe a bit to much protein y not put them onto barley or super diet for a week fortnight you will see the difference then but as the above posts say nothing to worry about the now

Been watching a 2 yo grizzle hen of mine which has a blue hue to her flesh on either side of her keel. The flesh is smooth, not scaly, and there isn't anything obviously wrong with the bird, but is blue flesh a sign of anything?

Guest TAMMY_1
Been watching a 2 yo grizzle hen of mine which has a blue hue to her flesh on either side of her keel. The flesh is smooth, not scaly, and there isn't anything obviously wrong with the bird, but is blue flesh a sign of anything?

when my flesh is blue bruno it means i am freezin and i put a coat on  ;D

my own opinion bruno is that the blood is not pure enough yet , but no probs a lot are like that at this time of the year ,,, just going in to have a look at mine ,, ill pick one at random

never heard that afore jimmy the blood is not pure enough what that mean ,a lot of people claim blue flesh is one of two things to much protein or not enough AIR  getting into the birds system

never heard that afore jimmy the blood is not pure enough what that mean ,a lot of people claim blue flesh is one of two things to much protein or not enough AIR  getting into the birds system

I've heard those too, Sammy, but as they are two completely different things, how do tell which one is causing it?

Been out looking at random birds, this hen's mate is a latebred never out of the sky he's defo pink; his hen is big lazy sort only see her up occasionally, but clean (no lice, soiling) alert, bright eyed. Just managed to get her beak opened .. throat pink & clear, no probs in there.

Wim Peters has a page and a half devoted to blue flesh (60/61/62) and its basically a 'don't know what causes it' but it exists kinda thing.