WING STAMPING

gangster

Guest TAMMY_1

old birds dont  need to get stamped in scotland and every young bird that goes through our club is wing stamped, i check every young bird as they are rung

TRUE IT MAKES LIFE EASIER! NOT TO STAMP BUT MY OWN HUMBLE OPINION IS YOU SHOULD STAMP THEM AS MUTCH AS A HELP TO THE PEOPLE WHO GET YOUR BIRD IN.............................IF YOU DONT BOTHER WHY SHOULD ANYBODY BOTHER TO REPORT THEM............................

too true mick!! if it comes in my loft with no stamp on it goes straight out, if they cany be bothered to stamp i cant be bothered to report! any stamped or address ring on i report them no problem as they obviously would like to know the where abouts of there birds ;)

Dirty birds really wind me up as I only show...If I have a stray in the isolation hut and it has lice I have to get changed before I see to my birds just incase...lice in showing competitions usually means disqualification.

you got it right pigeonpete,    it seems that with the current price of returning pigeons via amtrak your better off not stamping them it could turn out very expensive if you have a flyaway,    the way i look at it is,   if they are not stamped then i don't bother reporting because obviously their owners arn't bothered about getting them back, but come racing or training then they should wing stamp them as this is a rule if you fly with the RPRA

as far as i know NEHU birds dont have to be stamped, tho i stamp all mine both young and old

Ya, I only stamp all of my youngsters but not old birds but in the GYA says old birds need to stamped?