anyone peed off with unstamped strays?

Seems tyo me that if ring or /Wing stamp is used, then the owner wants his birds reported. If not then they don't. Trouble there then, is that when some one sees a ring addie or stamp, they think. 'Ar he wants this back, must fancy te breeding.... bet of good stock' and they train it up. Then a few months later if it has been coming well, and bred a couple of rounds they report it!

Then I personally do either one of two things, make out it was of National winners etc, and collect it ... the ... or say 'Good Golly wondered where it had got too, use must have been in a loft in every county, there no more, thought it was like dead like thye rest of that crap family. Never did oat that crap, and not just for me, never known ANYone to have even a half decent bird from them .... '

If they say they like the look and would like to try it, I then say 'Nah I'll have it back mate and do you a favour.... Beside be happy with it's fore parent I guess'.

And either fetch or have Amtrack to fetch it!

Stamp all mine, but never seem to get any calls.

Any i get in i always report, even without a stamp.

Dave

Ditto.

have taken two up towards their lofts also this very week -end and today for the owners.

Took one 22 miles and met the owner last Thursday with his bird. So I get peeed sometime when they treat you as if your a blumming nuisance.

But that's folk I guess.

i get called everytime i lose any lol pain in the ass at times would cost you a bomb if you sent for them all thats why people dont wing stamp them all only the ones they want back lol

I think that that is a really irresponsible attitude,passing your problem onto someone else who has actually taken the trouble to take your bird in,just washing your hands of your responsibilities.This is exactly the attitude that the sport is up against,I've said it before and I'll say it again,if you are not prepared to be responsible for them don't send them.

im only a novice who hasnt started racing yet and only stumbled into the sport after a stray decided to make my garden shed his new home  ive now got a shed full and the majority of them are stray racing pigeons that i had to report thru the rpra as most werent wing stamped and the owners didnt want them back  that said some fanciers do care and did want their birds back and some even called personally to collect them :) ive got a yb in at the moment that was on its last legs when it came in and when i reported it the fancier couldnt have cared less so i suppose that will be one more to add to my collection

debbie  :-/

Guest Greig the doo Drysdale
im only a novice who hasnt started racing yet and only stumbled into the sport after a stray decided to make my garden shed his new home  ive now got a shed full and the majority of them are stray racing pigeons that i had to report thru the rpra as most werent wing stamped and the owners didnt want them back  that said some fanciers do care and did want their birds back and some even called personally to collect them :) ive got a yb in at the moment that was on its last legs when it came in and when i reported it the fancier couldnt have cared less so i suppose that will be one more to add to my collection

debbie  :-/

Debbie report them to the RPRA i mean the owner good luck

the snfc is a club which ,like all clubs must abide with their higher body,, e,g the s,h,u, ????

yes but for some reason they get to use their own rules, ie when shu brought in ets snfc did'nt allow its use its only this year the snfc passed it for use,????????they have their own rule book which they put out each year.

like any clubs under the s h u ,,if the snfc make any rule, it must be first ratified by the s,h,u, before it comes in to force

yes what u are saying jimmy is how it should be, but when the shu passed ets snfc did'nt allow its use, shu say wings to be stamped, snfc dont allow it, what you say is right jimmy but it dont work that way with snfc, dont ask me why,

Over the years , I have had many Scottish strays land here, especially during the

long ones. One particular bird used here, as a half way house, for a few years, and won good money from Rennes in his pre ultimate year.Very,very. few carried a  wingstamp. Vic, ;)