lap top screen up side down help please

mark

hello would like to know if anyone could help when i start up my laptop the screen is up side down. when i try to go on anyweb site its just upside down any ideas please its doing my head in thankyou.
:o :o was this bought from Australia  ::) ::)                                                    andy

hello would like to know if anyone could help when i start up my laptop the screen is up side down. when i try to go on anyweb site its just upside down any ideas please its doing my head in thankyou.

Try going into the Control Panel and checking the display settings, I think it's called monitors and displays.

Guest TAMMY_1

So I can do it on ma computer if it is vista or on ma laptop if it is xp.

It is a long time since I merged screens but I will have a look and try and help. Unlike others on the site, aye I mean you Dafty :K)

does not matter what system it is, the picture is upside down , and i have tried to alter the screen to see what happens and there is no way i can get it upside down

had the same happen to me and pc whizz kid said it was a virus ,,,

some where in the hard drives theres a programme that sets your computer back a few days to its original state a few days ago,,,,,,dont ask me where as i am not very clued up on a pc ,but,hope this helps some way to sorting it !!!!

ted

Guest TAMMY_1
had the same happen to me and pc whizz kid said it was a virus ,,,

some where in the hard drives theres a programme that sets your computer back a few days to its original state a few days ago,,,,,,dont ask me where as i am not very clued up on a pc ,but,hope this helps some way to sorting it !!!!

ted

it is called system restore and is in the accessories and then system tools, can restore your computer to a point weeks back in time, also if you have norton there is a part of it that does the very same job

Upside-Down Display In Windows XP

Within Windows XP, certain video drivers or graphics card chipsets supporting 180 degree screen rotation can cause the Windows XP display to be presented upside down. This can be (but is not always) tied to lowering the screen resolution in some accessibility programs.

To revert to a right-side up display, hold down the CTRL, ALT and UP (arrow) keys.

Another option is to contact Microsoft for a fix. See the Microsoft Knowledge Base for more information.

Might be the same for Vista - worth a try

Within Windows XP, certain video drivers or graphics card chipsets supporting 180 degree screen rotation can cause the Windows XP display to be presented upside down. This can be (but is not always) tied to lowering the screen resolution in some accessibility programs.

To revert to a right-side up display, hold down the CTRL, ALT and UP (arrow) keys.

Another option is to contact Microsoft for a fix. See the Microsoft Knowledge Base for more information.

i bet you wish you knew as much about pigeons as you do a pc  ehehehehhe

Guest TAMMY_1
calm down tammy.only trying to help in a little way in the little  knowledge i know of a pc and thats not much !!!!!

was only trying to help as well, by telling you where it was and what it was called

I know on xp you can rotate and flip, do it for presentations on an external screen, and you can split the screens, but never put it upsidedown yet. tried but could not get it either,

I wonder if it has always done it or just happened recently? maybe second hand