New Tax on pigeon club premises????

T_T

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look guys i am on your side , i think it is a bit much ,but they are goingto tax everyone its just the way it is. you wont win a fight against it, so bestthing to do is make light of it.

god serious is asserious does.. come on guys lighten up..

regards spencer

Dos this mean you want your baton back ???? ;D ;D ;D ;D

look guys i am on your side , i think it is a bit much ,but they are goingto tax everyone its just the way it is. you wont win a fight against it, so bestthing to do is make light of it.

regards spencer

We can all lighten up at times and statements like these are what make clowns like you laughable

Quoted from timbarra

Hi all ,

look guys you can take your case to the queen or the high court, its still gonna happen, and to be honest i agree we should be taxed on it. !! why ?

because pigeon fanciers in this country breed far to many rubbish pigeons from to many rubbish pigeons , therefore losing loads of what they breed. which adds to the growing problem of feral or wild pigeons hanging around and shitting all over the building in certain areas. which then means the local councils have to pay out for them to be exterminated and preventative measures being taken, and now they want us the pigeon hobbiest to start being resposible for adding to the problem, and shoulder some costs for which we in the past have never done.. well done the government about time to.

And you can all think of it in a negative way or just turn it around in your favour? how ? by merging all this poor little clubs that send no more than 5 or 6 members a week . so cost would then come down individually !! and if you say ...well i will pack it in and not race anymore!! fine do that , just dont bang your gums over and over again.. moaning. work it to the hobby's advantage !!!

I agree with the TAX .. we are getting of lightly , and the RPRA should have done something years ago and it would not have come to this .. but they sit on their arses taking your money and doing nowt.   we have ourselves to blame so put ou or shut up guys.!!

wish you all the best spencer

regards spencer

ive lightened up 8) but the fight isn't over until its won.when its won we will put a note in saying that you are willing to pay all the taxes ;D :D ;D :D thats if you still want to bend :o :o :o

what a crock of sh**. thats the RPRA putting the ball in somebody elses court. as i stated before on here this is a hobby as i stated in my postings in the eyesign threads, and got bollocked for it , well proves again i was indeed right..  so apologies welcome from those concerned.

we are a hobby a hobby a hobby,,,, why ? because the RPRA have failed us all again and portrayed us as hobbiests, so much for taking us into this millenium.. we are still in the 1920s ..... best start running to the post office again lads... hey maybe then because we do a bit of running we can be called sportsmen !!! what do you think..

this is so great for our hobby, just enjoy it guys its how its gonna be.

regards spencer

How about thinking before hitting the keyboard? How about coming in with some kind of constructive ideas or comment? Posts like yours make me wonder why you took the time to respond? You make a profit from selling birds, but wish only to ridicule, criticise and knock those trying to take the sport forward.

This should be a springboard to defining pigeon racing as a sport, it is in the public eye, and they're on our side for once!  :)

How about thinking before hitting the keyboard? How about coming in with some kind of constructive ideas or comment? Posts like yours make me wonder why you took the time to respond? You make a profit from selling birds, but wish only to ridicule, criticise and knock those trying to take the sport forward.

This should be a springboard to defining pigeon racing as a sport, it is in the public eye, and they're on our side for once!  :)

well said richard .

he pays his tax on his profits cos he dont mind :X

Maybe the taxes should be put on or directed to those who are selling their pigeons instead of racing them??  ;) Would the humour still be there then?  ;D

We get taxed enough as working men/women, yes this is a hobby, but its also a sport, OUR SPORT, and unfortunately we have some BUFFOONS in our midst who find it amusing when we the fancy, get shafted. We are in the EU, IS IT NOT A SPORT IN BELGIUM, HOLLAND, GERMANY??  

When people are selling pigeons and not racing them, THAT IS THEN A BUSINESS, maybe the tax man should be directing his attentions towards that part of the sport instead! Probably shout about how WE are donating to charity then, and how hard done by WE are, and how WE should stick together? Wonder if people could do without their rings that they need to put on the birds they are selling, the transfers for their sales, would they be as critical of the union then? Sitting on their arses doing nowt?? Maybe they are too busy transferring sold pigeons to have time to look out for the rest of us!

I apologize to the majority reading this for slightly going off topic, my point being WE as a whole need to stick together, but unfortunately as you can read in the posts, not all of us are of that opinion!

The Royal Pigeon Racing Association is a national organisation

representing the sport of of pigeon racing in England.

We are privileged to have Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II as our patron.

For over a century the Royal Pigeon Racing Association has been at the heart of pigeon racing in England, and we look forward to representing and supporting our loyal membership in the new millenium.

just a correction to ur statement ie: REPRESENTING THE SPORT OF RACING PIGEONS IN ENGLAND,  dont know about the SPORT bit, as pigeon racing is not classed as a sport

That's the problem we are not all in it, Some have their heads so far Up The I'm alright Jack's arsre, they forgot what the world looks like to others >:( >:( >:(

YOU ARE BANG ON DOVESCOT!!  >:(

just a correction to ur statement ie: REPRESENTING THE SPORT OF RACING PIGEONS IN ENGLAND,  dont know about the SPORT bit, as pigeon racing is not classed as a sport< anyway its, as far as the RPRA is, REPRESENTING THE SPORT OF RACING PIGEONS IN THE UNITED KINGDOM,  not England,

i'll stand corrected, but it was an extract from the RPRA web site. which we can take that up with them. anyway back to the problem i dont want to pay anymore tax so cant we all pull a petition on here and in the clubs, and let the RPRA take it to the goverment with ALL our backing

Hi all ,

look guys you can take your case to the queen or the high court, its still gonna happen, and to be honest i agree we should be taxed on it. !! why ?

because pigeon fanciers in this country breed far to many rubbish pigeons from to many rubbish pigeons , therefore losing loads of what they breed. which adds to the growing problem of feral or wild pigeons hanging around and shitting all over the building in certain areas. which then means the local councils have to pay out for them to be exterminated and preventative measures being taken, and now they want us the pigeon hobbiest to start being resposible for adding to the problem, and shoulder some costs for which we in the past have never done.. well done the government about time to.

And you can all think of it in a negative way or just turn it around in your favour? how ? by merging all this poor little clubs that send no more than 5 or 6 members a week . so cost would then come down individually !! and if you say ...well i will pack it in and not race anymore!! fine do that , just dont bang your gums over and over again.. moaning. work it to the hobby's advantage !!!

I agree with the TAX .. we are getting of lightly , and the RPRA should have done something years ago and it would not have come to this .. but they sit on their arses taking your money and doing nowt.   we have ourselves to blame so put ou or shut up guys.!!

wish you all the best spencer

what a load of crap ,when you mention merging small clubs of five or six members ,years ago i flew in a club of over thirty members ,who all left and formed their own club ,leaving around six members ,the members left could not get any new members ,would the new club let in any of the six remaining NO CHANCE , why i wonder ,now i have to travel miles to basket my birds in a very good strong club of thirty members ,and i can tell you many many fanciers get left in this postion in small clubs,where the majority form new clubs and close down the remaining clubs

has for people breeding to many pigeons for one who openly sells pigeons i find that a remarkable statement to make .

lets organise a walk to downing street with all are familys ill bet we could get 200.000 people in total put the shits up them in charge and the news papers will have a ball with all that as i have said on pigeonland get emailing your m.p and the rpra like i have and lets see what happens and timbarra grow up will you and stop taking the p*ss

or we can carry on crying about it on the web sites.

The choice is ours

i have had my say on this subject now its up to all pigeon men to email peter bryant at the rpra asking them to do something about this mess and emal your m.p stateing our point of view

thanks spencer for your sh** point of view

cheers

paul

i'll stand corrected, but it was an extract from the RPRA web site. which we can take that up with them. anyway back to the problem i dont want to pay anymore tax so cant we all pull a petition on here and in the clubs, and let the RPRA take it to the goverment with ALL our backing

yes ur right about the web site, i brought this up a while ago but got no responce, it does say ENGLAND on the web site.

I T V news goverment to look again at pigeon tax . just been on north east news.

Your post beat me posting my gut feeling on all this. Sounds to me like this story was an example of 'the old management ploy' of deliberately floating something that you know will be picked up by the Media, just to see what kind of reaction it gets: if it blows up in your face, you quietly drop the whole thing.

Think this one will be quietly dropped.  :)

Guest karl adams

i would be in favour on taxing large pigeon breeders  ,dog breeders ,cat breeders ,    horse breeders and any other animal breeders that are onley out to make a proffit but i think its sick to tax a person on his or her hobby or sport