My new loft

Hogni

Hogni B.O.P. in this instance meant Falcons/Sparrow Hawks,your climate is probably better than our own at the moment,I would rather have a cold spell than what we have been enduring,cold,gales,sleet,rain,frost,floods,with our summers not much better for the last few seasons.

hogni do you have to use a hammer and chisel to get the droppings off the floor ;D,cant believe how cold it is out there if it was that cold in great britain i think there would be quite a few people would be dying off with the cold,i dont think there would be many pigeon men stick it in those conditions,i suppose its how you climatise to the cold.

billy

ohh come on it´s not all that bad, ok it´s cold now but usually we very mild winters and little snow and the summers are very mild too, not too hot but always between 10 and 25 degrees, i remember reading and seeing on the news about the summer in England 2007, very good was it?

Merlin, here we have very few problems with predators, once in awhile a folcon comes for a visit but they usually cause no harm, we know very few of the diseases we read about on the internet and we do not drug our birds mainly because we have no pigeon medicine here but if a bird gets sick it usually has to go and i believe thats what has kept the racing pigeons of Iceland healthy, what do you mean with B.O.P. ??

Lennut Tar,

Take a look at this site and maybe you will change your mind about visiting

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/locations/iceland.shtml

Hogni!!!!! I took your advise etc  ;D ;D ;D & had a nice look/visit "Interesting" thanks for the info ??????. Now which town on the map do you live near  :D :D :D Just in case ???, I decide to come for a holiday  :) :) :);) ;) I enjoyed the sheep story etc, we have millions of them here  ;D ;D ;D & the biggest desert in the world is in my back yard, one could say & it gets to 40 - 45 degrees on a good day  ;D ;D ;D & it just shows us, how our pigeons can adapt to just about anything to survive. Along with us humans etc  :P :P :P.

Enjoy.

Aw man.. That looks gorgeous!

I'm jealous of you - that you get the beautiful weather whilst I'm stuck here in the desert! (Bleah.)

Perhaps someday I'll manage to get all the traveling I want done, and I'll add Iceland (correct?) to my list - after Russia and before Okinawa.

:D

Luck to the birds, and they look quite happy.

Lennut tar,

I live in a small town between Reykjavik and Keflavik on the map ;D

"Hogni"

Thanks for that info  ;) ;) ;) You have taken me, into another part of the world. That I new nothing about etc  ;D ;D ;D let alone that they fly pigeons there. You could say.

"Thanks" !!!!!!!. I've  thoroughly enjoyed the experience & the trip into your back yard  ;) ;) ;), it's been great.

Enjoy.

A little update on things here in Iceland, the hens moved to the new loft today, well 5 hens and 1 cock which i thought was a hen up until 2 days ago, seems that it was laying low until i turned on the lights in the hens loft last week, then it just blossomed and turned into this beutiful little cock and mated with one of the hens.

3 out of 5 pairs have paired up already

Here are a few pics.

In the first one is the blue cock that i thought was a hen and his Roland Jansens hen, they are closed up to break them in to the box.

In the second one is my best couple from last year in the blue box and thier son in the one below and in the third pic is his hen.

And in the fourth pic is a beutiful Roland Janssens cock.

The weather here in iceland got even worse today, not as cold as last week but alot of snow and windy, this morning it took me 45 minutes to get to work, usually 15, lots of people didn´t got to work and many cars stuck in the snow or went off the road.

It must get better soon!!!