Advice

JSTOON

Can i just give a little advice to all members if they are ever the subject of a break in to there sheds/ huts.

Over the past 4 months the allotments in and around our area in Pontefract have been the subject of constant over night attacks, whereupon a large amount of birds/ corn/ bowls and everything youd need to start up in pigeon racing had been stolen. Unfortunately none of the break ins were reported to the Police, as the fanciers didnt think that anything could be done. Fortunatley with me being a Police officer i was lucky to over hear a conversation between two criminals and after a bit of digging, we carried out a raid and recovered almost all of the stolen birds and property, a rareity i know. Heres where the advice comes in.

No matter how big or small the break in, please report the matter to the Police, and give a full and comprehensive list of all stolen items and birds, with ring numbers if possible. More and more do we carry out raids of said drug dealers, and recover pigeon equipement and birds, and if its not been reported as stolen we have no way of ever finding its owners or tracing them. We have now in system a catalogue which list all stolen items of property and owners and only takes a small amount of time to run checks. Also, purchase one of the many indelable pens, and right your post code on your baskets and panniers etc, as all propery is now checked with ultra vilolet lights, which will show this up.

One would always hope that this would never happen to us, but it seems to be happening more and more, and if we put things in place before hand, at least weve half a chance of getting our stuff back. Imagine my mates face when i returned his best cock, 5x 1sts and only two years old, and thank god, he still had his ring. :) :) Simon

Can i just give a little advice to all members if they are ever the subject of a break in to there sheds/ huts.

Over the past 4 months the allotments in and around our area in Pontefract have been the subject of constant over night attacks, whereupon a large amount of birds/ corn/ bowls and everything youd need to start up in pigeon racing had been stolen. Unfortunately none of the break ins were reported to the Police, as the fanciers didnt think that anything could be done. Fortunatley with me being a Police officer i was lucky to over hear a conversation between two criminals and after a bit of digging, we carried out a raid and recovered almost all of the stolen birds and property, a rareity i know. Heres where the advice comes in.

No matter how big or small the break in, please report the matter to the Police, and give a full and comprehensive list of all stolen items and birds, with ring numbers if possible. More and more do we carry out raids of said drug dealers, and recover pigeon equipement and birds, and if its not been reported as stolen we have no way of ever finding its owners or tracing them. We have now in system a catalogue which list all stolen items of property and owners and only takes a small amount of time to run checks. Also, purchase one of the many indelable pens, and right your post code on your baskets and panniers etc, as all propery is now checked with ultra vilolet lights, which will show this up.

One would always hope that this would never happen to us, but it seems to be happening more and more, and if we put things in place before hand, at least weve half a chance of getting our stuff back. Imagine my mates face when i returned his best cock, 5x 1sts and only two years old, and thank god, he still had his ring. :) :) Simon

"Head for cover chaps"  ;D ;D ;D we have the law looking over our shoulder here  :D :D :D now. I might have to change my style of posts etc  :P :P :P. "Fortunately" ??????, you don't have my mug shot  ;) ;) ;) so I'm safe for a while.

Excellent post here above etc & good advice in my view. I have a good mate (Pom) who for years raced on an allotment up in the north east area as such, 20+ lofts & this was always a big problem to them, for what he told me. He along with his family & grampa & grandma all headed south you could say, to get away from the coal dust & your winters etc. Anyway!!!!!! since he has had his lofts in his own back yard so to speak here, the enjoyment factor has gone up 1000% for him & his family, & the issue's you mentioned has never been a problem for him now & he has never missed that nagging feeling. All the time that he had, when he went to the lofts each day back then. Of not quite knowing ????? if everything was going to be there in it's place, so to speak. So anything/suggestion that can help catch some of the low life of our society etc, (Not just pigeons) should be used.  

Enjoy.

well done simon for recovering your mates pigeon   i for one would liked to have seen his face when u handed his winning pigeon back to him  i dont spose he thought he would ever see that pigeon again  :)

debbie

I dont have your mug shot Lunar tat, but im always watching you ;D ;D ;D

Thanks for the comments, im going to put the same report in the BHW for everybody to see. The sad thing which i didnt mention was the state of the birds, no food or water for at least 5 days, they literally attacked me when i brought a bucket of water in. Heres another point of advice i forgot to mention. The birds were in such a bad state that i called the RSPCA, as there was also dead rabbits in the rabbits pen(also starved), along with dead pigeons. Me being the caring one, fed all the pigeons with some corn we borrowed from a neighbouring fancier,. I have just found out that after we left the birds with the clubs officials, having contacted the RSPCA, god bless them. Upon there attendance they would not act as the birds and rabbits, had now been fed :'( :'(.

WHAT you may ask, me too, which i will be chasing up tommorrow with some hopefully superior, who hasnt the mind set of a Bufoon.

I dont have your mug shot Lunar tat, but im always watching you ;D ;D ;D

Thanks for the comments, im going to put the same report in the BHW for everybody to see. The sad thing which i didnt mention was the state of the birds, no food or water for at least 5 days, they literally attacked me when i brought a bucket of water in. Heres another point of advice i forgot to mention. The birds were in such a bad state that i called the RSPCA, as there was also dead rabbits in the rabbits pen(also starved), along with dead pigeons. Me being the caring one, fed all the pigeons with some corn we borrowed from a neighbouring fancier,. I have just found out that after we left the birds with the clubs officials, having contacted the RSPCA, god bless them. Upon there attendance they would not act as the birds and rabbits, had now been fed :'( :'(.

WHAT you may ask, me too, which i will be chasing up tommorrow with some hopefully superior, who hasnt the mind set of a Bufoon.

Some here would say ??????  ;D ;D ;D if the best you have got to do etc, is watch me, your in real trouble (Get a life so to speak)  :D :D :D. I just hope you can educate in some small way   :P :P :P that bufoon you mentioned above.

I might just mention this to a mate of mine !!!!! he's a sargeant at arms so to speak & is as tough as nails & I would never want to meet him in a dark alley on a dark  night, sort of thing. But a "Crack a Jack" pigeon flyer in his own rite. Many here say, he is as hard with his pigeons etc as he is with the criminal's & he is  :X :X :X.

Enjoy.

well done jstoon for saving the stolen pigeons   its a pity that the rspca couldnt act after u had fed the pigeons/rabbits  :-/  surely the rspca can prosecute as there were dead rabbits on the premises that had been starved :-/  there is no excuse for animal cruelty and these people need to be severly punished but no doubt all they will get is a slap on the wrist (if that) or a holiday  i suppose we can only be thankful that it wasnt our pigeons taken, im no angel myself but i abhor animal cruelty of any kind

kev

Ive actually spoken to the RSPCA, they took all the remaining rabbits and the several what were dead, to do a post mortem to see if they died of starvation. As for why the birds were left, i was not given an answer, and i doubt the person that i was talking to had the answers to very little ;D ;D ;D.

Halleluah, finally spoken to someone who knows what they are doing at the RSPCA. All the dead rabbits had died from starvation, results in from pm this morning, and the remainder that we alive were all malnurished. The rspca will be prosecuting the culprit, whom seems to have dissapeared. Another 5 birds today have also been returned to there owner, unfortunately minus there rings Were getting there ;D ;D