why sell good birds???????

ChrisMaidment08

Never let a duff 'un go it certainly wont enhance your reputation.

I only let birds go that I feel will do good for some one else.

I struggle with early youngsters.

Sometimes I have too many late youngsters.

I can't get on with big youngsters.

All these I will let go. Not those I feel will suit me and my methods, not under any circumstances.

The exception I've found to buying old birds is buying hens from a widowhood flyer in a top of cases you can buy decent hens that have won as young birds then been used as widowhood hens for a bit

i use to take some one with me when i needed stock he knew alot about birds and that he allways flyed nationals did well for about 2 years he come with me i never did anythink with the young off them was doing better with my own then i found out he was a silent partner to some 1down the road from me i flown against so was the birds as good as he said or did he not wont me to win him i packed up after that but started again last year but still only beat him twice lol

i use to take some one with me when i needed stock he knew alot about birds and that he allways flyed nationals did well for about 2 years he come with me i never did anythink with the young off them was doing better with my own then i found out he was a silent partner to some 1down the road from me i flown against so was the birds as good as he said or did he not wont me to win him i packed up after that but started again last year but still only beat him twice lol

are you trying to say that some people in shropshire are not to be trusted ;) ;D and that they want to win at all costs, ;) as victor meldrew said I dont believe it. ;D Telford show soon keep your hands in your pockets .their a rum lot around our end ;D

its sad but this does happen  but tipp watch nex t year with birds from me then you will shine through

thought u didnt have any birds chris?

you noticed slip there mate oh well  no if you read you will see all birds from phorbes sale given away birds from others given away i have here 4 hens from superstar  some youngsters  4 in dog kennal for my boy kennel on stilts and yes just bought two from strapper but not for me :'( :'( :'( ;D 8)

Guest MBpigeonguy

well. you know the good racers, only keep good birds, but when they run out of room they will have to get rid of some birds, and since they have only good birds they will have to be good birds they sell.. i know this  

well haveing spent number of hours with you today you know answer sell none of um apart from two chequr hens??????to me ;) ;)

Mr Maidment if you wanted to get back into this game and wanted some youngsters out of them you would only have to ask. Pleasent company and a quite enjoyable afternoon. Very enlightening too with your eyesign expert friend! I found his observations quite interesting on a subject I had never considered before

Would have to agree with a lot that has been said so far in this thread but -: why is there some fanceirs who year after year try to sell pigeons because they are overstocked.

Perhaps before these fanceirs sell pigeons on this site as been overstocked, they should try other ways of keeping there numbers down i.e

Racing them a little harder, breading less or having a cull once a month.

cheers

Gareth

Has for me i have only a 18ft loft which houses everythink i have,so every year i buy stock birds ,odd few to blend into my own to keep the strenth there,then later i re sell the stock birds because ive got there offspring ,i cannot keep many stock birds so i only buy the very top stuff to get youngsters from them,ive sold a few on here and this year alone they have bred winners for the fanciers who bought them.you can get bargains through people who are small  back garden lofts.

les

now i know im going to get slated but im at com not in way of fists ;D ;D why on earth are birds coming on for sale if im reading right are top notch and the goods have members got lofts full of prolific breeders of top birds they cant decide which to keep or is it that some may have scored well but bred nothing  am i selfish as when i had good bird it stayed as whats point getting rid of it we are all looking for breeders of good youngsters i dont mind buying latebreds or youngsters that raced as they are not bred from but?it maybe just me i would not buy old bird just cos its done this that  i prefer old ones to come from bereavement sales  whats youer view i think its just clearing out if or buts  and comments i took six now it can go  yea im god???

in my opinion there are many types of sales,, some through various different means etc,  many very genuine,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,but ,to me its allways a case of buyer beware :)