whats your loft look like in the snow?

Guest strapper

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest strapper
No snow today and none yesterdayfrom the afternoon onwards,took this photo about ten minutes ago,birds loving it.

lindsay ur very lucky...nice looking day...wish it was the same here.

freezing here and 6inchs of snow. yesterday and today lol

View from the loft dinnertime. Haven't had much snow but I suppose you don't in Devon, though my lad was so excited it snowed and he could play out in it. Even though we ain't had much out in the sticks where we are the roads were treacherous

jesus you guys are geting it bad rother yous than me its snowing in dublin

but nothing sticking hope it dosen do 2 much damage some of them

roofs look like there very full dont forget lads when it starts 2 mealt

theres going 2 be a lot of water

Guest strapper
View from the loft dinnertime. Haven't had much snow but I suppose you don't in Devon, though my lad was so excited it snowed and he could play out in it. Even though we ain't had much out in the sticks where we are the roads were treacherous

lovely view there albear m8,i wish i had that sort of view ....must be wonderful there in the summer.

Guest strapper

Great to see real snow, miss it!! Cor remember '63 what a fantastic winter, school shut for week's on end.

i was lucky i missed it as i wasnt born till a year later in 64....but was told it was a bad one.

lovely view there albear m8,i wish i had that sort of view ....must be wonderful there in the summer.

Swings and roundabouts, great spot in warm weather, lovely flying spot for the birds ... the drawback is of course all the percys; and sparrowhawks outnumbering the crows, though the Buzzards do help chase them away sometimes ... no facilities, difficult getting water there when the roads are dodgy there is no water supply or anything! But wouldn't swap it, compared to Maxwell and his hawk problems it's paradise even though there are at least half a dozen percy pairs within about a 6/7 mile radius, one pair mile away as the percy flies in the local quarry!

i remember 1963 very well albear,the only time my county was at a standstill for days,never happened since then !!!!

It was fantastic, even when the snow stopped it didn't thaw. We used to come down Caeracca bog on the old sledge at an incredable speed. The Blizzards were frightening. I remember a picture in the local rag the Merthyr Depressed at the time of thema man at Dowlais Top standing on top of the snow with a 14'pole searching for cars by p ushing it in to he snow and a photo of one of the old steam engines stuck on top near Penganddu with just the top of the funnel sticking out. Drifts at the front of the house up to the bedroom windows. Helicopters at one stage dropping bread in to the village. Our school was shut for weeks because the pipes were all frozen.

Great to see real snow, miss it!! Cor remember '63 what a fantastic winter, school shut for week's on end.

Hi Al your right about the old winters great for missing school, but the first year i moved birds to Sunny Rhigos in 1981, we had a hell of a job getting into the lofts ended up breaking a window and feeding the birds in the loft on about 4 foot of snow and our aivery was in the farmers field lol wer,nt laughing at the time mind.