training tips for rabbit hutches

Guest spin cycle
hi im wanting to get started pigeon racing and am keen to train from rabbitt hutches.any tips on trapping methods and general training this way.cheers

i don't know..but i would have thought you could train them to trap straight to the individual hutches...then catch to remove rubber or use swipe ets antennae. using hutches you should be able to get them pretty tame .perhaps a centre partition to allow one sex to be locked in whilst the other half is open for the other to fly to. i'm sure you'll get some better tips...best of luck :)

Try this link. It is a good read.

http://www.pigeon-lung.co.uk/articlefiles/art_keithmott.html

It is directed at people with pigeon lung.  Racing from hutches would prevent pigeon lung.

Thanks

Lloyd :)

excellant reading on keith mott,,, pigeons will fly to anything , as long as they have the three c,s [as said by me umteen times ;D]   condition, control and contentment] i won a race , racing a pair to an orange box ,,as a laddie  ;D true ;D [these were the old type light wooden orange boxes [even with a section in it  ;D]  free from the local wee shop ;D

Very interesting thread thanks guys. I have been diagnosed with a chest problem and now on all sorts of medication. The doctors here also believe that the pigeons are contributing to this too but as pigeon racing is an unknown quantity over this side of the country they very little about the testing for fanciers lung. There is a hospital in Dublin that do but i am going to the JR in Oxford for the tests in September.

But I have had symptons for a while and at the moment find it near on impossible to get near the birds. I bought an airflo mask which covers my face but i was still struggling and realised the bloom on the clorthes werealso causing problems after i left the loft, as well as being on my hands too. I had to take some birds up country last weekend and after about 10 mins was coughing and weezing and the windows fully open. After having the two turns i had in last few months, as much as i love the birds it worries me every time i go near themand never ever want a repeat of them!! I now only go in the shed once a day and then have a shower and complete change of clothes after.

I thought about the hutch system, but not with the birds i have/had as they were quire expensive stock. But i wonder if anyone who has had a serious chest complaint like myself has tried it withount any consequences.

Advice be really appreciated.

PS Simon, sorry for hijacking thread.

no worries mick any conversation on training out of hutches is worth listening to.my father suffered terribly from pigeon lung when i was very young hence my apeteite for trying hutches

havent used a hutch for many years now but i remeber bracking out a pair of nuns i had in a hutch, got them used to the hutch for a long while but letting them out at first and getting them in was the problem, but was easily rectified in 3 days, and they soon realised that they had to trap straight onto the hutches landing board otherwise, they would go short that night. Same with all animal training, if u train a chimp you use food as an essentive, so if it doesnt do it first no treat, untill they get the idea of it. After a while these nuns, would really trap, however they was fed as much as they liked untill they started to leave barley, once they learnt they had to trap otherwise no treat.

excellant reading on keith mott,,, pigeons will fly to anything , as long as they have the three c,s [as said by me umteen times ;D]   condition, control and contentment] i won a race , racing a pair to an orange box ,,as a laddie  ;D true ;D [these were the old type light wooden orange boxes [even with a section in it  ;D]  free from the local wee shop ;D

I know Jimmy ... wonder if he knows his pigeons are overcrowed eh!