Pea Shinlge/Gravel?

Is it ok to use pea shingle/gravel on the floor of the loft?

My loft currently has pea shingle on the bottom as my hawk used to live in there and I would just take the bird out, go in with a jet wash and wash it all down and it would come up nice. Can I do this with the pigeons? I have ordered plastic perches so they should all be easy to wash but just wondered about the base.

I hope it will be ok and without thinking, as I was doing the loft/shed up, I went out and bought more pea shingle!  :B

Thanks in advance.

Is it ok to use pea shingle/gravel on the floor of the loft?

My loft currently has pea shingle on the bottom as my hawk used to live in there and I would just take the bird out, go in with a jet wash and wash it all down and it would come up nice. Can I do this with the pigeons? I have ordered plastic perches so they should all be easy to wash but just wondered about the base.

I hope it will be ok and without thinking, as I was doing the loft/shed up, I went out and bought more pea shingle!  :B

Thanks in advance.

hi jamie, i would'nt recommend jet washing inside the loft as it will create a damp enviroment, without seeing what you mean .  you want the inside of your loft bone dry.

I know what you mean. Thanks for that. I tried to do it on a weekly basis but only when it was sunny so after a couple of hours out flying, when we came back it was dry and the water all just run on the sides and drained through the gravel and soil (although it was getting a bit damp under the plastic coating but I have got rid of that now anyway).