Chicks

Just need some advice please, one egg has hatched and the bird is 3days old now but still no sign of the other egg chipping,should i remove the egg or just  leave it in the nest bowl to see what happens?

hold the egg up to a light and  you will be able to see if its not fertilized if your not sure do it with a couple of other eggs and you will see the difference , and if it does hatch now ,when the 1st hatch is about 4/5 days the food it gets changes to a more solid meal from the parents and the last to hatch will still be only 2 days old and would still need milk.

Probably empty but I would take it away anyway, too much time between the 2 if it were to hatch.

Al.

i would put plastic egg in its place as i did the same last week and the one that hatchet got crushed so gave her a chick same age out other nest with plastic egg and doing very well

i would put plastic egg in its place as i did the same last week and the one that hatchet got crushed so gave her a chick same age out other nest with plastic egg and doing very well

Ok thanks for that blaz i'll do what you just said then,as dont wanna loose the one that has hatched if i can help it! (At what age should i remove the dummy egg then?)

Ok thanks for that blaz ii'll do what you just said then,as dont wanna loose the one that has hatched if i can help it! (At what age should i remove the dummy egg then?)

i just moved it when i thought the chick was to big to get crushed did not think at time how many day old chick was the longer the better as parents more careful when sitting on chick

Guest chrisss
Just need some advice please, one egg has hatched and the bird is 3days old now but still no sign of the other egg chipping,should i remove the egg or just  leave it in the nest bowl to see what happens?

i would be more worried about how many other eggs are not hatching out?,put a plastic egg in with the chick and it should be ok