New flying birds

ensure your not over feeding and the young birds run to you when you feed them once you call and rattle a tin and they come to you for feed they should be ok to let out but ensure its on a nice day with no strong winds and never on a Saturday , good luck ;)

would have been better if they were 4 wks old when you got them, but its going to be a case of chanceing it, keep them on the hungry side so you can call them to you or back in.

on the very hungry side mate! or they will go if they get up before getting there bearings!

HI B MASSEY...I WAS LOOKING OUT FOR YOU AT PIGEON SHOW A FEW MONTH AGO I NO THE WEATHER WAS BAD IS THAT WHY U COULDNT MAKE IT MATE ?

Hi mate

Yeah the weather was too severe. Snow was thick so had to stay up here. It go well?

Guest Freebird
I have had 2 young pigeons in an aviary for about 5 weeks now. They had never been out before i got them.

If i were to let them outside the aviary would they fly away or would they be ok ? thanks in advance.  :)

Do you have other birds homed to your loft? If not I would let one bird out ( the one you think best suited ) and have the other bird in the aviary so they can see each other. Make sure they know the way back into the loft and are very hungry on a calm day, then it is down to luck. If you have birds homed already let them out to excersize and when they land let the other birds out and after a few mins call them all in.