Sparrows

some years ago when the sparrows were many i had an owl to feed and i used a mouse trap to catch some sparrows they soon learned not to go in my garden i am not saying you should trap them but they lean quickly so if you say live trap then release them they will not be comming back in a hurry or paint two big eyes on a board lie it flat with some string to pull it up bait it near the board and when they come and are pecking away happily pull the string and scare the crap out of them

Anyone got ant ideas on keeping sparrrow numbers down around loft, I have a problem with sparrows entering loft thru boob wires and helping them selves to food ive left for birds coming home from tosses.

if your in new zealand  :-/,,move to brittain, you wont have that trouble here, because of the massive population of different types of hawks

leaving grain around at any time can be a bad thing, not just  for  sparrows , but for vermin, and there could be worse consequences to your pigeons by them, a few drops of aquas iodine in their water, will help any spread of desease via the drinker, that might  be be caused by wildbirds drinking from it

Anyone got ant ideas on keeping sparrrow numbers down around loft, I have a problem with sparrows entering loft thru boob wires and helping them selves to food ive left for birds coming home from tosses.

Invest in a pair of magpies,they've cleared all the sparrows in my area