Fundraising for Maddison Staveley

pigeonforce

We are trying to raise funds on Behalf of the Staveley Family

Some of you may be aware that our daughter Maddy who is 2 years old was diagnosed with Cancer at the beginning of October 2009. She has a tumour in her bladder and when she was admitted to St James Hospital, the tumour was so big it filled her bladder and this had led to her having kidney failure.

She was given an operation straight away to insert a tube into each kidney to relieve the pressure on her kidneys and drain away the excess build up of fluid.

She was then stabilised and underwent several scans and operations, where it was confirmed the tumour in her bladder was what was called a Rhabdomyosarcoma.

The next stage of treatment began which was chemotherapy and this is ongoing for approximately 18 months.

Maddy will need a MRI scan, in December 2009, to determine if the tumour has reacted to treatment and whether surgery can be carried out towards the middle of January 2010. During this surgery we have been advised that there is a high chance Maddy will lose her bladder.

She will also need to have Radiotherapy treatment alongside her Chemotherapy which will begin around early March 2010.

We have been told by the consultants at St Jame’s Hospital that Maddy is being recommended for a different type of Radiotherapy called Proton Radiotherapy, which has a better chance of reducing the longer term side effects on the bowel, the womb, and the pelvic bone, which effects growth.

This type of treatment can only be carried out on someone of Maddison’s age in America, this is why we have set up the MADDY FUND, to help raise much needed financial support and awareness.

All funds donated and received will be used to help towards the treatment Maddison needs and any remaining funds will be donated to the Children’s Oncology Department at St James Hospital, Leeds.

We have been over-whelmed by the support we have received from both family and friends and would like to take this opportunity to thank the people that have been there for us from the start and who continue to be there now through this long and hard battle that we eventually hope and pray to win.

We will be organising a range of activities which we would like to ask you for your support in, including raffles, auctions, a rugby sevens tournament and a fun day, the fun day will take place early Febuary 2010 and details will be made available nearer the time. We even have the lovely ladies of Stanningley Ladies Rugby organising a NUDE Calendar, which will go on sale shortly!!

We are asking for your help, if you have anything you can donate for our raffle or auction or if you could sell raffles tickets or fun day tickets or if you would simply just like to donate to the fund, everything big or small would be very much appreciated.

If you are interested in entering a team into the Rugby 7’s tournament or would simply like more information  please feel free to contact us.

Thanking you in advance, The Staveley Family

Pigeon Force would like to organise a charity auction on behalf of the Staveley family and would welcome any donations of birds etc etc that we could place in a auction to raise money for them.

Please feel free to contact us if you can help.

Daryl & Julie

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank You Everyone so far here is one i just got on PM

Hi pigeonforce i would like to donate 2x2010 youngsters for the STAVELEY FAMILY SALE. The youngbirds will be 1 form our top bredding hen Magic dam of many winners including 1st sec. G SNFC for J Hunter. G\Dam of 5th sec G for Jim Donaldson.  

All the best   John Stewart (stewart  bros, Stirling)

Once again Thank you

hi i will do my upmost best to support this young girl in her brave battle i will be in touch and let you know how many youngbirds i can donate if you go forward with a sale give my regards to maddison and her family,many thanks vinnie

Hi pigeonforce i would like to donate 2x2010 youngsters for the STAVELEY FAMILY SALE. The youngbirds will be 1 form our top bredding hen Magic dam of many winners including 1st sec. G SNFC for J Hunter. G\Dam of 5th sec G for Jim Donaldson.  

All the best   John Stewart (stewart  bros, Stirling)

It looks as though we have the start of a promising donation list for this sale.

We are looking at a proposed date for the sale of Sunday 3rd January 2010 - Lasting for one week.

If anyone wishes to donate if they could post on the thread or let Fifer, pigeonforce or myself know we will update the list.

It looks as though we have the start of a promising donation list for this sale.

We are looking at a proposed date for the sale of Sunday 3rd January 2010 - Lasting for one week.

If anyone wishes to donate if they could post on the thread or let Fifer, pigeonforce or myself know we will update the list.

We still need many more donations, Pigeon basics has helped to raise so much money for these charities lets keep it going, you are all very genuine kind people thanks for the reponse weve had, its sad that a childs life can depend on the amount of money that is raised, all treatment should be available at what ever cost, but as we well know it dosn't work like that,

Once again thanks for the reponse

julie

Guest mick bowler

Daryl, on behalf of the Cancer Sale fund (Colin Bowler memorial fund) and all members that have and will be invloved and supported us, we would like to make a donation of £500 to this fund.

Pesonally as well i will offer 1 x summer bred or earlier (if poss) 2010 YB, on one condition it has a reserve of £50 (i will make donation to this value if no bids received), I can assure the purchaser it will be from the very best of my stock.

Daryl, on behalf of the Cancer Sale fund (Colin Bowler memorial fund) and all members that have and will be invloved and supported us, we would like to make a donation of £500 to this fund.

Pesonally as well i will offer 1 x summer bred or earlier (if poss) 2010 YB, on one condition it has a reserve of £50 (i will make donation to this value if no bids received), I can assure the purchaser it will be from the very best of my stock.

Well done Mick Fantastic offer from the Memorial fund  :)

Iam overwelmed by such a possitive reponse, Mick that is a very kind and generous offer, i will be intouch with the stavely family this evening keeping them updated on the progress, anybody with facebook, if you would like to join the maddy cause you can find out about her progress and other wonderful people like yourselves that are supporting the staveley family in these hard times

Thankyou all so much you make me proud to be a part of this site and the pigeon sport

well done everyone

julie

Current list of donors -

£500 Colin Bowler Memorial Fund - Donation

Auction List

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lot 1

Donor: PJC

2 x 2010 Youngbirds

Further details to be confirmed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lot 2

Donor: Stewart Brothers - Stirling

2 x 2010 Young Birds

One of the Youngsters will be from our top breeding hen 'Magic' - Dam of many winners including 1st Section G SNFC for J.Hunter. Magic is also Grandam of 5th Section G for Jim Donaldson.

Lot 3

Donor:Barran & Frew

2 x 2010 Young Birds

April Bred - Further details to follow

Lot 4

Donor: Welsh Wizard

2 x 2010 Young Birds

Birds will be Van Den Bosche - Further details to follow

Lot 5

Donor: Ian Rowley (Spider)

2 x 2010 Young Birds

Jan Aarden's - Further detail to follow

Lot 6

Donor: Taylor's Loft

2 x 2010 Young Birds

Further details to follow

Lot 7

Donor: Mick Bowler

1 x 2010 Young Bird

I will offer 1 x summer bred or earlier (if poss) 2010 YB, I can assure the purchaser it will be from the very best of my stock.

£50 Starting bid - Mick Bowler

Lot 8

Donor: Blythy1

2 x 2010 Young Birds

Further details to follow

Hi, put us down for a 2010 young bird from Brown & Donachie, Dundee.

i have just recently purchased some direct Frans Zwols pigeons at great expense, this youngster will be direct from them but bred later in the season.

this is the best we can offer for such a worthy cause and for which there will be a £100.00 reserve which i will honour if no bids.

hi i have spoken to mick bowler and he has agreed that it will be okay to donate the £50 promised to his cause ,i will now donate to madison's appeal .this £50 was money left over from a sale i done for pauline whitehead electric wheelchair appeal hope this helps regards vinnie