Sexing?

I have heard it is possible to tell the sex of a bird by pulling on its beak or head and judging the response?

how does it work?

Does it work?

thankyou  :)

Think the are pulling your leg. ;D If you look at the 2 photos the first he pulls the beek out. the second he pulls the beek down making the tail go up.

Think the are pulling your leg. ;D If you look at the 2 photos the first he pulls the beek out. the second he pulls the beek down making the tail go up.

nope he is pulling the beak  ;D it does work done it myself last year this way out of 23 young birds on 1 was wrong .

a piece of string and a screw or a staple hold it between the wings beside the neck if it goes round and round its a hen ,back and forth like a pendulum its a cock /or you can turn the pigeon upside down tuck it head in the palm of your hand so it  cant see if it rolls off its a cock if it stayes there its a hen we see if i hane photo  ;) ;)

I have heard it is possible to tell the sex of a bird by pulling on its beak or head and judging the response?

how does it work?

Does it work?

thankyou  :)

I read in Guy barrets book Racing pigeons, that

Looking from the underside of the foot, lay the three toes straightly alongside each other.

If the outside toe is longer than the inside one then the youngster is a cock.

If the outside and inside toes are the same lenght, then the bird is a hen.

The difference in lenght in the cocks is about one sixteenth of an inch.

This method can be used with pigeons up to one month old, but after that can not be relied upon, as the feet alter in shape when the bird has been walking on them for some time

Does anyone use this method, has it worked for you???? :-/