Friendly Competition

Diamond dave

Hi all, I would like to run a couple of friendly competitions throughout the season for my club. Perhaps for a couple of quid but not serious money. The idea being to create a bit of healthy banter on a Friday and Saturday night. We don't have pools at our place.

Has anyone got any ideas of what I can do...........?

few things you could do Dave . the wooden spoon each week to the last place position .     or £1 a go for best performance by a bird over 3 races . reward with a sack of corn bought with proceeds . or one i came up with a few years back was "LUCKY 13" again paying a £1 to enter and whoever ended up 13th position in the race got the money .  andy.

few things you could do Dave . the wooden spoon each week to the last place position .     or £1 a go for best performance by a bird over 3 races . reward with a sack of corn bought with proceeds . or one i came up with a few years back was "LUCKY 13" again paying a £1 to enter and whoever ended up 13th position in the race got the money .  andy.

How do you train them to come in 13th

£5 NOM NOMINATE 1 PIGEON FOR 1 RACEPOINT SAY YOUR 3RD OR 4TH RACE THEN WHICH EVER NOM IS CLOCKED FIRST  WINS THE MONEY

WE ALSO HAVE A £10 NOM FOR YBS OUT OF YB NAT. BUT WITH THIS YOU NOM AFTER THE 1ST YB RACE

Run a small book with odds produced each week say from 10/1 down to 2/1 Fav couple pounds limit and you will be surprised how much this makes the Club over a season. We also use to run a league just as in football flying against each other over old and young birds £1 a week 50% to champions and 50% to club.Indeed many felt this was the best indicator of who had the best season as it was over the whole season.

Guest frank dooman
£1 in each and the best bad trap story scoops the lot ;D

does that include things like neighbours washing trampoline etc tony ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

My club do a swindle where you have to guess the first 3 members in the correct order that time in. A £1 a week each goes in the kitty until its won. £300-£400 to the winner isn't uncommon.

My club do a swindle where you have to guess the first 3 members in the correct order that time in. A £1 a week each goes in the kitty until its won. £300-£400 to the winner isn't uncommon. [/quote

my monies on tony c 1 2 3, well he would have been if he didn't have a bad trap ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

My club do a swindle where you have to guess the first 3 members in the correct order that time in. A £1 a week each goes in the kitty until its won. £300-£400 to the winner isn't uncommon. [/quote

my monies on tony c 1 2 3, well he would have been if he didn't have a bad trap ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You just wouldn't believe how many times I should have won that :'( :'( ;D lol no I dont suppose you would ;D ;D