birds not returning (loosing birds)

adamant

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

training with a few club members ..few of us drop the birds off in the morning to his house and he takes them out . we are up to 60 miles now.. it seems like a few times not all the birds return . could be hawk hits i was thinking..i have completed 2 100 mile races. with all birds returning.. we are in to two races on 10 so far. i am down to 17 birds to complete the race season. i am getting to the point that if i continue to train i will be down to nothing by seasoned end..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

training with a few club members ..few of us drop the birds off in the morning to his house and he takes them out . we are up to 60 miles now.. it seems like a few times not all the birds return . could be hawk hits i was thinking..i have completed 2 100 mile races. with all birds returning.. we are in to two races on 10 so far. i am down to 17 birds to complete the race season. i am getting to the point that if i continue to train i will be down to nothing by seasoned end..

Personally if they have had 2 100 races I cant see the point still training them 60 miles in the week.If you are going to have yearlings for next year I would cut down a bit on the distance,its like giving them a race in the week also.

The person who is doing the training:-

Is he going the same time each day?

Is he going to the same place each time?

If the answer is yes to the above it will be like pre arranged meal time for the BOP's!

Vary training locations and lib times!

Well, I am the opposite case - but same result ~ bad losses. I have not been training my youngsters since racing began, can't due to hours I work, and it has been my worst ever season for losses. l'd like to have gone 20 miles midweek, which I think is far enough, for the first two or three races. Last couple of races have been tough (wind) and I don't see benefit of midweek training after flying into that for 3/4 hours on the Saturday.