Roundabout system

Guest joshdonlan

Guest joshdonlan

Im seriously considering getting in some youngbirds to try and race this year. With only having 2 sections in my loft, i have been advised to use the roundabout system, and from what i have understood is:

Cocks in 1 section, hens in the other.

The hens are let out of their section to fly around home.

Whilst the hens are out the cocks are moved over to the hens section.

The hens trap back into the cocks section and are fed.

Whilst they are feeding the cocks are let out.

Whislt the cock are out , then hens are moved back to their section.

The cocks trap back to their section and are fed.

Before basketing both cocks and hens are mixed together in both sections.

Have i understood this system correctly?

Many thanks

Josh

its a good syatem but time comsuming mate with letting on sex out get back in feed let other sex out back in feed as well as moving them around everyday you got to be able to tell the signs when an bird is going cold not keeping to the rutein remove the bird if i was you mate would race natural with your ybs as you only wont to nolidge them at that age to try to get a team together for oldbird raceing following season but all to your own mate.

all the best.

its a good syatem but time comsuming mate with letting on sex out get back in feed let other sex out back in feed as well as moving them around everyday you got to be able to tell the signs when an bird is going cold not keeping to the rutein remove the bird if i was you mate would race natural with your ybs as you only wont to nolidge them at that age to try to get a team together for oldbird raceing following season but all to your own mate.       you dont handle no birds at round about if you are your making very hard work of it and need to go and see how it is done right dont handle nothing till in baskets cheers walter

all the best.

Guest cloudview

hi josh ,  your a good listener ,which is a good thing .

the system described above is proper round about , but remember i said to you that my hens fly to the same section through the week , and only on race day are allowed into cocks section , i find it a lot simplar this way.

also the bit about mixing sexes together was for the yb,s on fri afternoon.

roundabout is a very good system for oldbirds and is easy to manage especially if you want to maximise use of all your birds, for youngsters i would fly them on the sliding door method basically seperate the sexes and fly them to their own section but open the door on marking night and let them run together done properly the ybs fly well on this method

all best stan

Guest joshdonlan

Thanks for the replys guys. Some good info has been sent. Like ive been told, the simpler the better and when you do think about things for a while, a lot of it seems like common sense  ;)

Guest joshdonlan
roundabout is a very good system for oldbirds and is easy to manage especially if you want to maximise use of all your birds, for youngsters i would fly them on the sliding door method basically seperate the sexes and fly them to their own section but open the door on marking night and let them run together done properly the ybs fly well on this method

all best stan

Thanks Stan. That seems like the perfect method for me for the youngbirds  ;)