WILLY JACOBS

frank1

Gerard Delaney (Oroory Hill Stud) in Northern Ireland has all the best of the Willy Jacobs lines.

Last time I was speaking to him he had in the region of 100 direct pairs from Willy Jacob's main pigeons.

If you have last years Squills year book you can find details on the Jacobs pigeons on page 367.

Hope this is of help.

PJ

Jimmy Bamling on this site has Willy Jacobs - Cracking birds at a good price - i had a pair off him earlier this year and cant recommend them enough

snap got some ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ANY ONE GOT ANY INFO ON THESE BIRDS ?

AND ALSO DO U NO WERE THE BEST PLACE TO GET THEM?

ANY ONE GOT ANY PHOTOS OF THEM?

THANKS

FRANK , forget the names , and ped's , there are only 2 type's of pigeon good & bad , look for a small team fancier who keep's up with the big boy's , in decent birdage ,( do the old homework ) a fancier in an unfavorable postion, thats the fancier to give seroious thought to , and you have allready increased your chances of something half descent , then its down to management & the basket , avoid someone who fly's by weight of NO's in a small fed . good luck in your endevours

FRANK , forget the names , and ped's , there are only 2 type's of pigeon good & bad , look for a small team fancier who keep's up with the big boy's , in decent birdage ,( do the old homework ) a fancier in an unfavorable postion, thats the fancier to give seroious thought to , and you have allready increased your chances of something half descent , then its down to management & the basket , avoid someone who fly's by weight of NO's in a small fed . good luck in your endevours

well said ch pied

• 4 weeks later...
Guest marksimpson
Ernie Goodyear in Barnsley has some cracking directs - his number was in the BHW last week advertising the Kassel & Dortmund shows.

CAN ANY ONE TELL ME ARE THEY SPRINT/MIDDLE/OR DISTANCE PLEASE ADDVISE

Gerard Delaney (Oroory Hill Stud) in Northern Ireland has all the best of the Willy Jacobs lines.

Last time I was speaking to him he had in the region of 100 direct pairs from Willy Jacob's main pigeons.

If you have last years Squills year book you can find details on the Jacobs pigeons on page 367.

Hope this is of help.

PJ

only reference to these birds that i can find is on the elimar site perhaps pj could answer you better

Guest marksimpson
Sprint but mines won this year twice at 282 miles & 272

thank you mr j bamling i think the nearest stud/breeder of these to me would be e goodyear any thorts would this be a good family to introduce in to a loft as im predomantley herman.?

Guest j.bamling

I rate them very highly my direct Pairs of Willy Jacobs have teamed winners out & am very happy with them !!!

Ricky hicks from cornwall bought a nest pair of ybs from me they had 3 x 1sts 2 x 2nds & 1 x 3rd also 2 x 2nd feds &

2 x 2nd sect upto 282 mile with them 2 ybs

Guest marksimpson
I rate them very highly my direct Pairs of Willy Jacobs have teamed winners out & am very happy with them !!!

Ricky hicks from cornwall bought a nest pair of ybs from me they had 3 x 1sts 2 x 2nds & 1 x 3rd also 2 x 2nd feds &

2 x 2nd sect upto 282 mile with them 2 ybs

thanks for that can you advise what to look for in these birds and what name in lines of breeding to look for ?any tips yours in sport mark

The Jacobs pigeons are sprint-midle distance pigeons Franks.

If you can get your hands on Squills 2008 (pages 367-371 you will get more details of the pigeons) Gerard Delaney has a 5 page advertisements in it 2 pages of which are solely on his Willy Jacobs. These birds are winning for a lot of people throughout the UK and Ireland with many 1st Opens results listed in the advertisement.

I am not sure what the exact arrangements is but as far as I am aware any youngsters that Willy doesn't want for himself Gerard gets  every year. He has over 200 direct Jacobs at stock.

Ypu can see a picture of Willy Jacobs latest visit to Gerard's in mid September at

http://www.pigeonportal.com/npps/story.cfm?ID=470

Hope this is some help to you Franks.

PJ

• 5 weeks later...

The Midlands National Flying Club's 2008 Young Bird National was won into Liverpool this year with a Willie Jacobs I'm almost certain of it, by a fella named 'Bunny' Warren, racing as Warren, Garrity and Son I think.

Bunny is an exceptional pigeon flier in these parts and has his finger well and truly on the pulse when it comes to what's winning and what's not.