Is it just me.....?

Guest Doostalker

Guest Doostalker

But its biological mother would still be its biological mother..........Sorry Mistifire still doesn't explain the use of the term, but good try anyway. :)

Well thanks Rose for solving the mystery in our home.  ;D

From what you say, I've got an indirect Wife.   ;D   ;D

Usually speaks to me via one of the Lounge walls.   ;D   ;D   ;D

My My My, the things you guys find to argure (make a point) about...

When I first started with pigeons there were plenty of confusing terms. Like all the acronyms. I would be reading along and up pops OB or YB or BC C or RC H or the club and combines names etc. etc. Then I would have to go ask someone what that stood for because there is no place to look them up. But "direct son or daughter" does seem pretty self explanitory to me. If you left the word direct off you would know what they meant, right? The word "direct" is just a discriptive word added on to make sure you know its not something else like a grand child.

Carol

Guest Doostalker

MsPigeon as you say men just like to find a point to debate endlessly over. It's because when we are in the company of ladies we can't get a word in edgeways!! :D

Can't agree with you however when you say "The word "direct" is just a discriptive word added on to make sure you know its not something else like a grand child."  :(

If it is a G/son or G/dtr then the same description would logically apply as for son or dtr. You don't need to add the term "direct." It is a bit of sales patter that is used to try to get people to part with their cash. ;)

I know what you mean when you say that the terminology can be difficult for the beginner in the sport. Bruno is spot on when he says that 'bred in the purple', 'full of winning genes' etc. are "just a meaningless term, straight out of 'ye olde sales pitche'"   :D

They are used too to keep an exclusivity and therefore a mystery about the sport. Happens in everything even at work.

agree with doostalker, us men love to  debate things like that, a lot of this is to gull the beginner. really its either bred off a winner  or bred off a prize winner, or bred off a bird that hasnt won,or it could be g children off these birds etc

as wendell  LEVI, said     its all in the  JEANS,  oh well i tried ha ha

agree with doostalker, us men love to  debate things like that, a lot of this is to gull the beginner. really its either bred off a winner  or bred off a prize winner, or bred off a bird that hasnt won,or it could be g children off these birds etc

as wendell  LEVI, said     its all in the  JEANS,  oh well i tried ha ha

• 2 weeks later...