what do you think is the key to sucsess in racing?

westy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if there healthy get your feeding right and your training youve more or less got it but saying that westy get your self a system and stick to it, all good fliers train tues wed thurs twice a day, if your birds cant hack it get rid, next last but not least westy MOTIVATION,

I would say the first thing you need is GOOD PIGEONS without good birds you can do all the dedication in the world,all the training,keeping them healthy,but without the birds you wont be up there everyweek.

Once you think you have good enough pigeons then its time to put in all the dedication etc.

Guest Hjaltland

Good sound stock to start will save you years of selection. Then dedication, commitment,  (are they the same?) knowledge of the sport and attention to detail should get you just rewards.

Have a good Chrimbo all!

does routine really make a difference? think thats the big thing im lacking!! jus very difficult with work, kids etc, i try to be as regular as i can but some times i can only get down in them morning and some times in the afternoon :-/ :-/ oh well think work will have to go!! ;) ;D

Same here,sometimes i find it hard to stick to a routine but i do try and open the birds up every morning at the same time (9.30)and try and feed them the same time of day 3pm.

They are in my routine i suppose.

Many people have put down that they believe that good pigeons are one of the key factors.  Sorry but I disagree with this, short races can and have been won by what I would call inferior birds.  I knew a gentleman that proven this to out whole club.  He went out and plucked 6 ybs from common pigeons that were living under a bridge.  He then put these squabs under his racers and let them raise the birds for him.  He trained them with his regular ybs that year and believe it or not the 6 ybs won 3 diplomas for him.  Unfortunately or maybe fortunately whichever your point of view at the 225 release point none of them returned.  My point however is that they did win and possibly if kept only on the shorter races they may have ended up doing well.  I personally would not take the chance but he proved it to the other 7 club members.  Best regards to all.  Ed