New U.S. 200 mile Speed Record

Guest slugmonkey

Guest slugmonkey

I Broke the U.S. 200 - 250 mile speed record this year I broke the old record by 4 ypm the speed was 2506 the record has stood since 1992 it wont be official for a couple of weeks yet but I am sure it will stand

The bird that broke it has 3 club speed records, 100 mile YB, 100 mile OB, and 200 mile OB  

This bird is bred from two of my race team, the grandparents are from my stock lofts  a daughter of Celeste ( Peiter Veenstra 1st National Ace Young Bird WHZB all Holland 1998 ) and a full brother of Ganus's Magic Star ( 4th National Ace all Holland WHZB middle distance 1995 ) on the cocks side and I havent done a lot of research on the hens side yet but I belive she is bred from two of my racers that are retired from the old lofts where I started one of these is bred from Beaverdams " Pinnacle "

I Broke the U.S. 200 - 250 mile speed record this year I broke the old record by 4 ypm the speed was 2506 the record has stood since 1992 it wont be official for a couple of weeks yet but I am sure it will stand

The bird that broke it has 3 club speed records, 100 mile YB, 100 mile OB, and 200 mile OB  

This bird is bred from two of my race team, the grandparents are from my stock lofts  a daughter of Celeste ( Peiter Veenstra 1st National Ace Young Bird WHZB all Holland 1998 ) and a full brother of Ganus's Magic Star ( 4th National Ace all Holland WHZB middle distance 1995 ) on the cocks side and I havent done a lot of research on the hens side yet but I belive she is bred from two of my racers that are retired from the old lofts where I started one of these is bred from Beaverdams " Pinnacle "

well done  you will have  ganus. and beverdam at your door shortly  remember to put  a cartridge in both barrels ;):o

Guest slugmonkey

No Ben my birds naturally fly 2506 ypm, the #3 long distance bird in the nation was in 2nd place and how do you think he got to be such a good long distance bird - at that speed it only takes about 8 hours to go 600 miles so it puts the long distance races into the grasp of very mediocre pigeons if I can get the speed up to 2800 + ypm that will cut the times down to like 5 and a half hours I will able to send barn pigeons or Modenas on 600 mile races man think of the implications

Hell yes the wind played a part I am in the middle so the long short thing is kinda out of play but I am curious how many times have you clocked over 2300 ypm ? and were any of the multiple clockings at this speed by the same bird ?

Typical Idiot can't do it but can sure knock those that can !!

And to the rest of you thank you very much

Guest slugmonkey

Tommie, there definatly was a tailwind of about 25 mph so yes it played a big part I also had the 2nd pigeon that day and it is the #3 distance bird in the U.S. this year his velocity is 2497 and they drop from there these are extrodinary conditions

This particular pigeon is good at one thing and that is going fast on short tailwind races but she is VERY good at it I tried shipping her on a 300 and it took 2nd day to get her back this pigeon is an extrodinary sprint bird she is not something I would found a loft on unless I was a sprint racer but its nice to have diffrent kinds of birds for diffrent kinds of days

I dont know if you have flown many tailwind races where the winds are 30 + mph but they present there own set of challenges especially in YB's you will get a few in the first drop and then the rest show up hours later because they followed the lead group right on by and you will also lose a bunch because they never turn

I live near one of the windiest inhabited places on the planet ( Dodge City Kansas ) we also get 30+ mile an hour headwinds on occasion these races are slow and very hard on the birds, many hours are spent on the wing with velocities of less than 1000 ypm being very common with 600 - 800 ypm 1 day races not being uncommon

As far as the idiot part I thought the comment made was represenative of an Idiot and not a legitimate question whereas the question you asked seemed as though you genuinely wanted to know so I will not label you as an idiot   lol

Guest slugmonkey

They don't really flap they just sail on and they will usally be really, really high it is crazy you dont think they will be able to stop they look as though they are going to smash into the side of the loft

Guest slugmonkey

I dont know that this day it was the wind where we live the Jet Stream will blow straight south to north or north to south at certain times of the year I guess the jet stream is wind but not in a classic sense