Elderyberry

Guest frank dooman

Guest frank dooman

i make my own elderberry the stuff you buy is wattered down its growing all around us so why pay good money for it just a wee word of warning dont pick them from beside a road and 2nd you need to watch the crop very carefully wait till they are a good purple colour but the  wild birds will strip a whole tree in a day i have been cought out that way just wash &  boil it in a pot and pour it into the icecube freezer bags and freez that will do you for years one of the best nat products available to all of us

Guest frank dooman
Good tip Frank

when we used it we got our dried elderberries from an online brewshop ;)

full of iron the wild birds go daft for it ive even just washed it and hung it in the loft hens seem to like it alot more than the cocks

Guest frank dooman
i do the same frank,tryed storing in milk cartens once but ferments not recomended,ther is an old flyer near me has a elderberry bush in his gaden and his birds fly in to the bush to get the berrys themselvs

you know what they say (wild birds ) if its good enough for them its good enough for my birds ive been useing for years now swear by it ;) ;) ;) ;)

Guest frank dooman

you need to watch if you store it in a bottle it seems to grow a crust dont like the look of that so the wee ice cube bags are ideal you then just pop 1 in a 3 pint drinker job done

you need to watch if you store it in a bottle it seems to grow a crust dont like the look of that so the wee ice cube bags are ideal you then just pop 1 in a 3 pint drinker job done

think its called alcohol way the crust on , and thats no a hint  ;) ;D ;D

Guest frank dooman
Wheres the cheapest place to buy Elderberry Juice or concentrait ????

sory couldnt tell you jimmy chris said you can get in the health shops on line but i doubt if its the same or as good ive got at least 2yr supply you want to see my parrot with it goes daft on it

sory couldnt tell you jimmy chris said you can get in the health shops on line but i doubt if its the same or as good ive got at least 2yr supply you want to see my parrot with it goes daft on it

you been givin that fermented stuff to the wife again,  she will no like it if she hears yer calling her a parrot again :P :P :P ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Guest j.bamling

We used to give it to the Phesants on the Estate they always went crazy for it !!!

Guest frank dooman

you been givin that fermented stuff to the wife again,  she will no like it if she hears yer calling her a parrot again :P :P :P ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

tried it with her it works well shes in the cludge awh nite gives me piece great stuff ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Guest frank dooman

We used to give it to the Phesants on the Estate they always went crazy for it !!!

thats right jimmy we should watch the wild birds more they will tell us whats what