YOUNG BIRD FEEDING SYSTEM WANTED

lurcher

• 3 weeks later...

hello guys,

Just had one question as I think I have been overfeeding my birds for yb racing.  I feed based on observation and wait till the majorority of the birds go for a drink which is around 15 min then i pull out the hopper.  To me my birds feel just right but a couple of club mates say they feel a little heavy on ship night.  I feed all they want to eat day before ship night and about .5 ounce of food on ship day?  Am I doing something wrong?  Pls give any advice or comments.  Thanks lads.  

ps..I fly the darkness system.

Guest WINGS 04

why would you only feed 12 1/2 ounces ?? do you think that anathlet only eats half his or hers dinner the night befor a race this is what i call racing them to the bean tin this will only work when the races are not hard

The best feeding system ive seen work (for a 100-200mile race) is to feed on a thursday night 'popcorn maize', as much as they can eat. Then on friday morning at 10am popcorn maize again, as much as they can eat and about 2ish feed a bit of redband and a few peanuts so they have drink. The lad ive seen feeding this way, had them coming like bullets  ;).

If you fly the same race course I as do, you have to feed for survival on the longer races.

We fly 300 miles on Saturday from Mountain Home Idaho, and we have been giving as much 14% protein mix as they will eat.

Good luck

Linda

• 10 months later...
Guest TAMMY_1
ANY OF YOU TOP NOTCH FLYERS GOT A GOOD YOUNG BIRD FEEDING SYSTEM YOU WOULD CARE TO SHARE WITH ME!!

everybody feeds different things at different times, so u will just have to find which one suits you because there are countless feed mixes available