lost 06 birds

rockinrick

hi all let yearlings out this morning , jus been down and discovered following birds missing gb06v37104 / 107 / 111 / 112 / 120 / 123 /

gb06x38765 /

gb06v49801 / 804 / 805 / 810 / 812 / 813 / 814 / 815 / 816 / 817 / 821 / 828

most of the birds are rung with my home phone number and mobil if found jus ring mobile as home has changed thnx folkes

:( >:( :(

sounds like hit by the wires to me, never had this many in one go come the yearling stage,with yearlings you mite lose one or two but not 19, if they do slowly come back question on how many birds you have in that loft to the space and also the health

i was told of a hawk attack yesterday on a flock of birds but didnt see it , maybe its the same this morning ?

although i didnt see it again , its now 8 ,42 pm and nothing back , oh and all birds were trained to this loft and raced last year  so they shouldnt have any trouble finding their way back if out some place ?

and loft is 16 x 8 ,2 sections 8x8 so i would think enough space wiley m8  lol

Are they seperated  rick? ive heard stories of whole groups of birds(usually hens) going missing for a few days then returning a few days later and acting skittish its allways when there seperated though.I think there was a post on the forum about it earlier in the year as well.Heard a few club members talking about earlier in the year.

Hope you get them back mate.

Doubt you would lose that many from a hawk attack.

More likely to have got carried off with a flock flying over on a training toss or an early open race. If you,ve had them in all winter they would have got carried away with the excitement and could easily join a flock flying over. By the time they realise whats going on they are totally lost.

Those with any sense will start drifting back in the morning.

Those that don't have saved you wasting marking fees on.

i recone they have been nicked mate as 19 off the loft is a lot isinit

Beginning to think you could be right paul,certainly a very strange thing that not even one as got back,even if it was a hawk attack i would of thought that at leased one would of made it,how about it rick could it be possible someone as been in the lofts,allthough i believe you said that you had let them out for a fly.?