is it worth our while

micko and jack

CHAIRDE   FRIENDS

after reading a right few threads about young bird loses strong winds heavy rains percy attacks for whatever reason your birds go missing so heres the question

if like ourselves you use

phone number, address rings or maybe you use a wing stamp

has any of these been of use in getting YOUR pigeons back to your loft  

mick fifers right a lot of fanciers wont bother trying to get birds home to there oweners ive used both in the 2 years iam back

raceing and ive got one phone call none reported its a joke something has to change between birds going missing and the

birds of pray you have to bread a big team :)

i do agree on post by fifer ive lost a good few from hawk attacks with birds getting up scared and not been seen since every single one.

1.wing stamped

2 life ring registered to my self

3 telephone clip ring on leg

not had one reporting had a good few strays in no wing stamped no telephone ring and i tryed my best to get the birds back to there owners iver putting them on courier or taking up road for a lib to to get the bird back to the owner god nose were mine went proberly gone in somewere and someone broke them or pob had them.

we had a real bad race out of huntingdon lost 8  never got 1 reported or bak not just us the yb losses this year have been massive any you lad and ladies had the same trouble

I lost 7 OLD birds from Huntingdon 1

Didn't lose many youngsters

1 from the NEHU Futurity race and 2 from Maidstone young birds (UNC)

all my birds - young and old have telephone number rings - the last 2 years the only birds that I have had reported have been from non-fanciers - except one alive, have had 2 dead old birds reported by fanciers

after winning good fed tickets this time ,probably less chance of getting them reported now?                   andy.

Guest frank dooman
CHAIRDE   FRIENDS

after reading a right few threads about young bird loses strong winds heavy rains percy attacks for whatever reason your birds go missing so heres the question

ive had a good no of birds reported with the phone rings over the last couple of years not as many as expected but some

r u finding the majority of  ybs r coming out the back 5yrs ago they wre comng onto the allotmens in 15and 20's now its 1&2's and this is birdage o 600-800

They nearly all come from 'out the back' - our club sends 600 youngsters a week up until the the combine race

at the price for return lucky you ;)

I either collect or have them collected, I'm not a skin flint - I  put telephone number rings on ALL my birds because they're my responsibilty and I want them back

started this year training and raceing 38 y/bs have 12 left after 8 fed races and y/b national

1 of which came back through the stray centre had 0 reported

all wingstamped :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/

also lost 30 oldbirds 0 reported

well i for 1 have repatriated  a lot this year some with no cost 2 the owners ,most were a pleasure to deal with but like always 1 p*ss taker has now left a bitter taste so, unless its a friends bird , ill not be botherd and deffo no way ill deliver any.......JUST 2 SHOW STRAYS AINT ALL CRAP...I PICKED 1 UP CLOSE TO OLD YELLOWS GOT HIM HOME TO DURHAM AND 2 MONTHS LATER HE WAS 4TH OPEN FOR MR CAINE/SON... ;) NOW THATS REWARD ENOUGH FOR ME...

tottally agree gangster we 've ad same probs yet among all the hastle you get men like hall and horner from sheffield we got a yrrling bak to them that pleased he generously gave us two ybs and i have to say what a PAIR absolute crackers the hen has gone straight into the stok loft and the cock looks like its heading the same way if they're on the forum thank you very much

got a few reported via their phone rings, most of them within 20 mile radius, got caught up in a race, all on the line of flight , so got a training toss in when i collected them so cost me little to get them back. i got a few repatriated via the transporter this year, up into Scotland

• 3 months later...
CHAIRDE   FRIENDS

I reported four strays last year,all of which were wing stamped.I contacted the owners,none of which seemed interested in getting there birds back.One suggested,keep it or kill it then put the phone down.No wonder birds don't always  get reported. Deborah.