Sprint hen required

hepste

Does anyone have a quality sprint hen available for stock purposes, preferably backed up by a good racing career?  No pieds, whites, mealys or reds thanks.  Nothing older than 04. I have a recently acquired quality cock that is deserving of a good mate, and I'm one hen short!  

Harky,

Your right however his newly acquired cock one would assume he acquired it cause, its better than what he's got thus he should think in terms of replacing and not unnecessarily adding to.

I KNOW WHAT YOUR SAYING BUT MAYBE HIS STOCK HAS ALREADY PRODUCED THE GOODS AND HE IS ONLY TRYING TO ADD TO THAT .YOU WILL NEVER KNOW UNLESS YOUR THE MAN HIMSELF  :) :) :)

That the whole point of this kind of site, good to look at all points of view .I would guess, however this fancier is aspiring to be a winning fancier,rather than trying to maintain his place at the top.

Call it a wild guess mate

Will let him get back to let us know.

is that not what we are all trying to do .god loves a trier and i will always be one of those win or lose its competing that makes this an interesting sport

Now you talking my language mate.This is a great site we should encourage but we also at times need to be frank.Best learning things by not only our own mistakes, but by mistakes of other.

Enjoyed the chat and wish you all the best

cheers  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well, life would be pretty boring if we didn't expand upon a question, or subject, and I more than appreciate the various viewpoints, which all have their place.  Sometimes it can be difficult to express a view in type, that shows it to be in good humour, and a friendly suggestion rather than a direction.  FREE SPEECH FOREVER!  That said, thanks to Nancyview for a simple answer to a simple question!  The fact is, all my other birds are paired, and down on eggs, and this cock was acquired 2 days ago.  I think you may (or may not if you wish) agree, it's not worth disrupting the settled pairs at this stage.  I've got the room for an exrtra pair, so why not.  So, anybody got a spare hen?

This has indeed been interesting not just for the original question but about the way people respond and interact with each other.

Hepsty you are right when you say it can be difficult to express feelings of empathy, when communicating in the way.So if i came across as a know, sorry.

However there is little point in taking part, if we do not try to exchange knowledge and experiences. Its how we do this without offending, that is the real quest.

Most should agree we all keep to many,indeed it is at the heart of most problems we encounter with our birds. There are times when we can buck this trend,by calling a spare an extra.and adding to it is for me one of these times.

Good luck with you quest for you hen wish you all the best,I am sure there will be a kind fancier, who will see you ok mate.

Hepste, i wouldn't try to add a pair to your breeding section if they are all settled and sitting. What is likely to happen is the new cock bird will disrupt the others and either go in wrong boxes and break eggs or cause disruption and the others may leave there eggs.

If you are intent on getting him a hen and breeding from him this year I would put him in a different section, on his own or seperate loft.

Speaking from experience!

Phil