Jan Theelen

Sorry can't help you with axholme draft of Theelens but he's One of the all time greats at the distance still clocking good yins into his 90s only last week was well up at Marseille race 👏 

Yeah, not sure what the birds he's flying now will be, he did sell off all his birds years back then re enter the sport so I'd imagine he will have tried to bring back some of his own birds although I honest wouldn't know other than following the results of the long distance performances in UK and the continent. Im sure I read somewhere he had some birds from another top flyer Noel Pieren. I could be wrong though.

Like alot of the top distance men on the continent they will have similar bloodlines in their lofts. Some of them go back to the old mons wegge/sions,  bricoux and delbar birds. Lots of Jan aardens and different men who've developed this strain Muller, Van Der Wegen, Van Geel, Ko Nipius, Buijck etc. Lists is endless,even the modern day 'internationals' as I call them ,Battenburg v.d merwe etc loads of ties to these birds. 

I remember when louelia had the noel pieren birds along with a batch of other distance family's. 

I was tempted with the decamp van hastens dark cheqs but I was still to interested in sprint in the early 80s lol.

Edited by fieldwalker
Typo.

• 8 months later...

There is a chap on Facebook, think its Lee Hart. He might very well of been the one to buy all from Ian Axe a few years back. 

I looked after around 70 direct Jan Theelens about 12-13 years ago for a couple of months for someone. They were very different in build and body to those I handled at the shows from Ian Axe. Both nice sets of birds though none the less.