2008 young bird swap

pigeon

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just [put every one in a hat and draw them out

Iknow this is the fairest way,but Amtrak is expensive and very unreliable.It would be more sensible to swap with someone within a 100 mile radius and you could meet halfway and exchange birds.

I think swapping 2 birds each and registering the ring numbers on this site means that at the end of the season we could view all the results achieved by these birds.

Maybe even have a prize for the best bird.

Await further progress on this.

• 2 weeks later...

ALL THE NAMES SHOULD BE PUT IN A HAT AND DRAWN OUT IT'S NO COULD WAITING AND SWOP WITH SOMEBODY NEXT DOOR TO YOU THE IDEA IS TO TRY PIGEONS FROM OUT OF THE AREAS THEY NORMALLY FLY IN AND SEE HOW THEY FLY FOR YOU " PIGEON GET A GRIP AND GET IT SORTED OR FIND SOME BODY TO DO IT FOR YOU. IF THE MEMBERS WHO ARE INTERESTED WANT TO "PM" THEIR DETAILS TO ME i WILL DO IT AS i NO LONGER HAVE ANY BIRDS OF MY OWN THERE WOULD BE NO CONFLICT OF INTEREST :) :) :)

Have not recieved any names yet but have a list of the originals who posted do members want me to do the draw and will post it up asap then you can contact each other to arrange the dates for your swaps :) :) :)

Hi Shadow,

Thank you for taking on the task of sorting the 2008 y.b swap out.Good on yer mate.

Due to persistent problems with my Amtrak depot,i do not want to use them again.But i would like to swap 2 y.b's with someone who lives within 100 miles of Romford Essex and i will meet them halfway.Hopefully this will be possible.

the young bird swap list will be published in the next 2 days what i have done is taken a list of all who said they were interested and will put the names in a hat then draw them

I did not see the point in two swaps being run the first one seemed to get organized and as far as I know is complete this one did not seem to be going nowhere and did not come from the same thread I believe mac proposed the first one and pigeon this one I have got most of the names who wanted one and am in the process of contacting the fanciers involved to get details of number of birds etc but if you would like me to back off and let someone elsle do it be my guest. up to now I have had a few fanciers already contact me as I posted before I no longer fly or keep pigeons due to ill health but have plenty of time on my hands. I HAVE NO ULTERIER MOTIVES

I had no idea you were doing a second site swap if you have done itI will pull out and leave you to it . It just looked as if nothing was hapenning going by the posts good luck, I'm gone

To all members who contacted me by "PM" vallance objects to me trying to get things moving and says he is doingit so therefore not to tread on any bodys toes I will leave to himto it all the best shadow :( :(