A New Begining

Roland0321

Upsndoons, Thank you for the private message inquiring into me and the birds. Got to tell you guys this has not gone very well for me. I did find a local group here in Alabama and joined there club. It was not a good fit as it turns out. These guys, and there were about 10 of them, never got along with one another for ore than 5 min at any one time. They sure were not going to get along with a new guy. I came into this very honest and told them I didn't have any experience or knowledge when it came to Pigeons, but that I was very willing to learn. Didn't make one bit to difference to them, they made it perfectly clear that they had "NO" room for any learner. So I moved on from theses folks.

I have built a smaller Loft and was able to find some birds at an auction. Along with this auction you were guaranteed a place to race these birds in the fall, at a special race just for these auction birds. I also purchased some adult breeders from an online site. Don't have a clue if they will be good breeders of quality birds. The first baby's from these adults along with the auction birds are now coming along fine, I think.

I loft flew them for a week and then took them for there first release away from the loft. Didn't go far about 5 miles, released them and had a quick errand to run and all were back in the loft when I returned home in around 15 minutes.

This morning I loft flew them again, they were gone for quite awhile about 3 hours, and to tell you the truth I was a little worried. They all returned however and I was certainly relived at that. Tomorrow I will fly them from a distance again. I am somewhat lost on what to do and not do but I am getting along.

Don't really know what I am going to do for this young bird season. Without being a member of a combine I may not be able to race. As of right now I am only going to be able to race once this year in the race for the auction birds.

I would very much like to remedy this problem and be able to race these birds. However with that said the birds themselves are a great joy to me, and I look forward to seeing them and taking care of them every day.