Baby Milk

scott mca

blood red

you are right in saying that you have to know how to breed birds worth working with. If you are trying to make poor quality birds into something good by feeding you just as well throw your money down the drain. I think the charm of pigeon racing is that to succeed you need to learn skills in many fields. Feeding is just one but a very important one. I am intrigued by your feeding ideas and I would like to learn more about the way you feed these ingredients. I use a lot of barley but I would not dream of using beans because of the tannin content and the way they make the pigeons heavy. Layers pellets are definitely worth trying and I know they are very well balanced to contain all the important elements but I would be careful in feeding them to cocks in any quantity.

I will look forward to your reply

Guest chad3646

blood red

you are right in saying that you have to know how to breed birds worth working with. If you are trying to make poor quality birds into something good by feeding you just as well throw your money down the drain. I think the charm of pigeon racing is that to succeed you need to learn skills in many fields. Feeding is just one but a very important one. I am intrigued by your feeding ideas and I would like to learn more about the way you feed these ingredients. I use a lot of barley but I would not dream of using beans because of the tannin content and the way they make the pigeons heavy. Layers pellets are definitely worth trying and I know they are very well balanced to contain all the important elements but I would be careful in feeding them to cocks in any quantity.

as you say owen you are mainly interested on sprint to middle distance you say the beans make the birds to heavy have you looked at the recent right ups on the distance men they fed mainly beans maybe because that is all the could get , but the results tell it all

blood red

Hi owen,I like reading your post,my feeding is stock loft 40% barley,30% beans,30% pellets,race feed saturday 100% wheat,sunday to wednesday barley hopper fed,then 40%maize, 20% pellets,15%wheat,5%barley,20%beans,after last race barley till the first egg layed next year.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi owen,I like reading your post,my feeding is stock loft 40% barley,30% beans,30% pellets,race feed saturday 100% wheat,sunday to wednesday barley hopper fed,then 40%maize, 20% pellets,15%wheat,5%barley,20%beans,after last race barley till the first egg layed next year.

Hi blood red, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that your feeding method is that of john crowder from his booklet the crowder system, from 1993 to 1996 we fed exactly the same and won every, 1st open, 1st combine, multiple 1st Feds and 1st clubs, was also second national. So I can vouch that it has worked, but not sure how it would stand up to the feeding methods of today.

Jas